Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued a dufflecut G98/40 from certain (sporterization) death this past weekend and now must start the search (yeah I know GOOD luck) for a donor stock and upper band or parts thereof...so if anybody has a clue where to find same, please chime in.
I have some sweet K98 trade bait bits AND bucks if that helps the lucky winner (donor) get off the blocks..

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I almost pulled the trigger on that one myself but it was too tall for me in that my total invested would be off the chart..
I would hate to butcher a matched minus bolt rifle anyway...

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,958 Posts
That would be a tough one to cut.. although if your bolt is good you could have parted out the rest.

I have been looking for an extractor for quite a while and would pay $100 for a bolt with one!

Good hunting!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,958 Posts
792Nut

Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Do you remember what you paid? I will most likely get 3 so I can shoot the 35, 43 and 98/40 while saving the originals.

·
Registered
653 Posts
98/40 extractor

I think they were around $45.00 each + S&H ..and I may be wrong but I dont think the 98/40 will work in the 35M (as its a 8x56 rimmed casing) you might be able to fit it if you have an original 35M to compare it too. Good luck..

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You really missed out on the one that sold minus bolt for $500 (including correct sling) earlier this week...
I would have snagged it but it was too nice looking for me to butcher it to restore mine...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.