Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I’m new to the g43. Just bought one from a lifelong friend who’s grandfather brought it back from ww2. I didn’t pay much for it. If it’s worth more I’d like to give him a bit more for it. He has 2 mags for it but have not received them yet. I’m not selling it. Going in the back of the safe. Any ideas on value would help.
The dust cover and stock numbers match. As do the receiver and pictured part. Not sure of name.
I wiped it down with a silicone cloth and the surface rust all came off easily.
I have no experience with these so other the the hand guard I did not disassemble it.
Extra front sight cover and manual are in stock. No cleaning rod. Has a broken sling.
Wood Bicycle part Wood stain Hardwood Machine

Thanks. Appreciate the help.
Wood Bicycle part Wood stain Hardwood Machine
Wood Household hardware Bicycle part Wood stain Hardwood
Table Wood Plant Flooring Hardwood
Table Wood Rectangle Ingredient Leaf vegetable
Wood Door Household hardware Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Door Varnish
Wood Material property Bumper Handwriting Musical instrument accessory
Bicycle Bicycle frame Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part
Wood Household hardware Tool Cylinder Gas
Wood Automotive tire Coil spring Cylinder Tool

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm certainly no expert on the g43, especially concerning the authenticity of your particular rifle, however I'd venture to say yours ballparks in the $4,500 range. I usually use rock island auction for values as I feel it reflects price a bit better than gunbroker.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The "dust cover" is actually referred to as the action cover, so it should be serial numbered....Yours is missing a stamped dust cover...The bolt, action cover, barrel band, and barrel's end look to have been aggressively cleaned, as there doesn't appear to have much finish left on them...An 'ac44' is the most common manufacturer/year and the scope 'ddx' is also very common among the ZF4's.....Original scope mount, rainshield, and durafol hand guards are always nice to find...The value of $4500 may be a little on the high end, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it get this amount or more on gunbroker...Are there any parts or stock manual in the butt stock compartment?...These along with the two magazines will add value...The rear sight can be removed by tapping the pin out...Than let soak in penetrating oil to see if this loosens it up...Bodes

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Also the rear sight seems stuck. Any tips for getting it moving again? Do the outer buttons compress to release it?
thx.
Yes, the left 'button' is spring-loaded, and you have to pinch the two 'buttons' together to to get a tooth attached to the left button to disengage from the serrations on the right side of the slide to allow the slide to move.

Sometimes, rust or dirt will tie things up a bit, and if you have problems getting it to release, a soak with a good penetrating oil might be in order.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am on the run, but will give it a quick look, and give you some info. that I hope will help, and get back later to really look at the pics.The first thing I see is that it’s mismatched.The receiver, and bolt carrier do not match, not sure about the internal bolt pieces without disassembly. The wrist proof also appears to be E/214 which means the stock is from a duv rifle not an ac .... Walther.The finish is pretty worn on it also, and I don’t see a serial number on the stock or final stock proofs, but would be able to tell for sure with better pics,but the scope looks good with what appears to be an original Mount which is good news, but, again the finish is bad on most of the metal. That’s the best I can do right now, but I’m sure others will chime in ! I can tell you it’s worth a lot more than you paid !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am on the run, but will give it a quick look, and give you some info. that I hope will help, and get back later to really look at the pics.The first thing I see is that it’s mismatched.The receiver, and bolt carrier do not match, not sure about the internal bolt pieces without disassembly. The wrist proof also appears to be E/214 which means the stock is from a duv rifle not an ac .... Walther.The finish is pretty worn on it also, and I don’t see a serial number on the stock or final stock proofs, but would be able to tell for sure with better pics,but the scope looks good with what appears to be an original Mount which is good news, but, again the finish is bad on most of the metal. That’s the best I can do right now, but I’m sure others will chime in ! I can tell you it’s worth a lot more than you paid !
Thanks.
The stock number matches the bolt cover number.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The scope is missing the sheet metal cap on top....An original one may be tough to find, but I believe a reproduction can be had...The bolt carrier has been heavily cleaned....Parts inside likely matched to bolt as these are generally found like K98k's....A BLM ('duv) made stock should be serial numbered, as this manufacturer did this up until the end of the war....Also durafol handguards were seen more on BLM rifles than Walthers....Bodes

·
Registered
862 Posts
On a rifle such as the k43 with very limited spare parts available,as a buyer I would never make a substantial offer until I've been able to check every part for cracks and originality. That said, if it's just mismatched in good condition as it appears, 4500 sounds about right as mentioned above. Could be worth a lot less or a little more depending on details

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I have one that is similar. I bought it from a family that has had it since the grandfather brought it back. It has been duffel cut. How does that impact the value? Everything on the gun matches including the stock. The serial number on the scope does not match the gun. Is it suppose to? Also has a blue triangle on the sscope

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have one that is similar. I bought it from a family that has had it since the grandfather brought it back. It has been duffel cut. How does that impact the value? Everything on the gun matches including the stock. The serial number on the scope does not match the gun. Is it suppose to? Also has a blue triangle on the sscope
In the case of yours, the location of the cut will have an impact on value...Is the end piece original to this rifle?...The grain doesn't appear to line up...Butt plate looks like a K98k one, so this too will impact value....Serial numbers on scopes were separate from those of the rifle, so will not match....Let's see the whole rifle please...Blue triangle indicates use in cold climates...Green was tropical....Bodes

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Duffle cuts are a personal thing....Some like them, others don't...One reason for the dislike is the potential sanding of the wood after the repair....And of course a poor repair job...It's nice to see the butt plate is correct....Mount is a copy....Stock likely cleaned some, but overall a very nice looking rig....Thanks for posting, Bodes

Btw...What's the maker/yr. of your rifle?...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I have the original (correct) mount for it that came with the gun but it is in very poor condition. One of the ears is broken off where the scope mounts. Bought the reproduction one on it at a gun show just to have it mounted. I will get around to finding a better one someday or will buy one if I run across one at a show. I would agree the stock has been cleaned or lightly sanded at some point in its past. Luckily you can still see the markings. They are light but present.

AC 44

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.