Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
I came across this G43 the other day and need some opinions on its value, I know today’s market is crazy and just need a good ballpark figure
The stock appears to have been sanded , but Waffenamps are slightly visible, stock number is clearly visible and marked 4258 instead of 4256, no cleaning rod , no sling or cleaning kit in the buttstock.
99% sure the scope mount is aftermarket
The rest of the gun matches, with a nice bore, the mag is post war and marked made in Denmark
Hope someone can give me a ballpark value
Thank you
Herb

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,549 Posts
I would look at the rifle without any accessories. Not sure about your value 2800 3650 with today's market. To confirm make sure you need to see pictures of the bolt and bolt carrier also gas block cylinder e-pen serial. Also without original Mag, chances there not matching is likely higher since you stock is not matching as well. I would consider it as nice + shooter as shown. Good Luck!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,198 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if that's the original stock and someone at the factory made a goof.
Seen it more than a few times, often a 6, 8 or 9.. Likely a tired worker who did a quick glance and used the wrong digit!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wouldn't surprise me if that's the original stock and someone at the factory made a goof.
Seen it more than a few times, often a 6, 8 or 9.. Likely a tired worker who did a quick glance and used the wrong digit!
That’s what I was thinking , I have seen that before.

·
Gold Bullet Member
5,921 Posts
Mount looks like it could be an original . Most fakes are marked. Any WaA ?? Look under the scope rings and see if there's a hole . Show us the back side.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,549 Posts
Well, scope looks pretty beat up, is the optic damaged or clear...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Post-war Frankonia (Würzburg) ZF4 mount, good mechanical qualities. ZF4 is original WW2 Voigtlander with dented body (may cause disassembly/cleaning issues) and missing elevation dial cap. Comes with bonus rubber eye cap, maybe repro. Total value scope + mount between $ $400 and $550. Danish mags go for about $150 to $200 and are quality wise as good as German WW2 mags that go for twice that amount. Barrel appears to have been stripped off surface rust and painted flat black with a rattle can. Barreled receivers with decent rifling fetch about $400 to $600, a complete bolt group about $500 to $600, trigger guard about $150 to $200 and a good stock about $500.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Stock doesn't look bad....The recoil lug doesn't show signs of finish loss generally associated with cleaning/sanding....Scope is the most common maker, worth a minimum of $400....Mount about $150, so GunKraut has a correct evaluation....This G43 (ac44) is the most common maker/year combination, but does have a barrel nut...This is nice if you want to blank adapt your rifle....I personally wouldn't pay more than $2500 for just the rifle, but have seen them get more...Bodes

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Barrel hasn’t been painted, lighting making it look black , here’s another photo ,brown patina

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replies, may have paid a little more than than your estimates , but it will probably increase in value, I hope!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, may have paid a little more than than your estimates , but it will probably increase in value, I hope!
It will appreciate, no doubt about it. But it will only do so if you don't over clean it. For example, any kind of active rust acts like a sponge for moisture in the air and should be taken care of. Taken care of means getting a lubricant named "Kroil" and bronze wool (emphasis is on "bronze", which mean NO STEEL WOOL). You can order bronze wool from Brownells.
Coat all rusted areas in Kroil, let it penetrate and soak for a couple days, then carefully wipe loose rust off with bronze wool. If rust remains, repeat the process until you can rub it with a white rag without the rag turning brown.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice looking rifle. It looks good with some visible early features (muzzle nut, solid bolt handle and G43 nomenclature) as an added bonus. I’d bet that stock to be original to that rifle as well. Value? What you gave for it. Prices are up right now and I expect that level to be the new norm. Repro mount, which is typical, is good quality as I had one just like it.
Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
17 Posts
Make sure you need to see pictures of the bolt and bolt carrier also gas block cylinder e-pen serial, and the scope is pretty cool tho.

Reactions: schoolbd
1 - 19 of 19 Posts