Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am wondering if you might be able to help me. I have a stock for a G33/40. It is a three piece, tongue and groove in decent shape. No butt plate and someone (not me) carved a notch at the top of the bolt recess. Looks like they may have tried opening it up for a large ring action, too, but all in all, the stock isn't too bad off, I don't think. I was thinking of finding a G33/40 barreled action and trying to piece it back together, but, as everyone knows, parts are at a premium for these.
So, I was thinking of selling it, but I'm not real sure of its value.
Here are some pics. They're a little big, so I just put the URL.

Bolt notch
Side
Action inlet
Barrel channel

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I'd say that stock is to far gone for anyone to be interested in it for an original restoration. It has really been butchered.
I think I could use it for one of my ersatz 33/40 builds for the WW 2 reenactors, Maby?
If you do not have any luck selling it else where - email me and we'll see what we can do.
Sarge

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sarge. I knew it wouldn't be good enough for a good resto, but thought maybe some type of filler could be used to at least get it to a point it could be used for a reenactment piece, like you said.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Personally, I don't see why a piece could not be fit into the stock notch and secured. Will it be original? No. But at least you have a decent piece that will be able to be passed on to someone else's collection.

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Last week on eBay a pristine 33/40 stock with all metal went for $185.00. Again it was minty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm on the fence about selling it. I could maybe throw one of my actions in there and build a frankenmauser out of it. I have a Spanish Guardia Civil that someone shortened the barrel on (I think) and put a commercial stock on it. Maybe I'll pop that in there. I like the stock. The three piece design is kind of cool. In the meantime, I can keep my eyes open for the G33/40 parts.
Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts