Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from a guy I know who tells me he just traded for a 1939/660 G29.
I've ordered him to get some pictures of the important bits, but he can barely open an email browser, so not sure about that for now.
I may have to meet up with him and take some pictures for posting.
He's expressed a need to know how much he can get for it, provided it's legit.
I ventured $1500/$2000, was that close?
He collects US military and I trust his opinion as to overall condition, which he says is very good plus.
He offered it to me, but as I shot myself if the foot with my value guess/s it's out of my league, but if anyone is interested, I can forward any pictures he (or I) take of it.
Timeframe is mid next week at the very earliest, picture wise FWIW.
I found Ham's post showing a legit (and VERY nice) G29 and talked him through the major points over the phone, and it SOUNDS promising...
Now if I can just put together a trade/cash deal...

·
Banned
3,411 Posts
I would be very interested to hear more about this rifle and see pics. In terms of value - you are low if matching and in excellent condition.

Scott

·
Gold Bullet member
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matched numbers, yes it is.
"Fake" matched numbers, we shall see.
Overall condition will have to wait till this weekend at the earliest when we meet up.
I know it's not ragged out, but everybody has an opinion and his may or may not match mine/ours as to excellent or just good...
Dang now I really have to see if I can wrangle it away from him (it it's sweet)...

·
Banned
3,411 Posts
Matched numbers, yes it is.
"Fake" matched numbers, we shall see.
Overall condition will have to wait till this weekend at the earliest when we meet up.
I know it's not ragged out, but everybody has an opinion and his may or may not match mine/ours as to excellent or just good...
Dang now I really have to see if I can wrangle it away from him (it it's sweet)...

All part of the collecting adventure I guess! Can't wait to find out more.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now the two tiny critters (one on my left shoulder and one on my right shoulder) get to whisper in my ears...
"Tell him it's only worth the K98 you have as trade bait"/OR/"Tell him it's worth BUCKS!"
Rats, I already know I'll tell him the truth too, no decisions to be be made..

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
I own a mint 29o 100% matching & untouched down to the ramrod w/it's original sling. I wouldn't consider anything under 5k for it. I also have another project 29o(all matching, wrong stock, and missing 29o bands as well. I think there a lot rarer then 33/40's which have been selling up to 5k for an outstanding example. I would jump all over it for $2,500. If you need pics for reference, please let me know. BB

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
I agree with Bart. I've had two G.29os in the last year. Before that the last one I ran across was about 9 years ago. Bart, if you post pics, do start a thread for them. I'll post some as well.
Regards,
HB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts