Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
12,752 Posts
Excellent! Please post more photos of the rifle if you can.

• Haha
Reactions: daveccarlson

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Fully semi automatic. The early liberal assault rifle.!
Jokes aside, I’ve wondered how’s the recoil on these?
Accuracy looks great still after all these years!

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tested if for a Firearms News article I'm writing and have to save the rest of the photos. The owner had be limit firing to semiauto. Recoil was "noticeable." ;)

·
Gold Bullet member
12,752 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,721 Posts
Beautiful example! Your decision not to shoot this piece was wise and prudent. (y)
I have a good friend that has a Model 1917 too, interesting is that it has the N stamps.
he is not going to fire it. I I found a rare clip for him too, these clips use to sell for $100
each - any idea what they are `worth now ?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my friend paid more than that for his clip

• Wow
Reactions: daveccarlson

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The owner of this Modele 1917 has an unbelievable collection. He told me once that he has "One of everything.........I think?"

• Wow
Reactions: 148Infantry

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The owner of this Modele 1917 has an unbelievable collection. He told me once that he has "One of everything.........I think?"
I know there are a couple members on this forum whom I'm pretty sure fit that bill. I met recently a small gun store owner who showed me pictures of his "vault". Over 1250 firearms, same thing. One of everything, pre WWI -Cold War military. Including class 3 stuff. He's been at it for 40 years, and owning a store with walk in's coming all the time. That's how you really get the best pickings!

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I spent 40 years accumulating a collection - primarily Finn Mosins, Swede Mausers, Krags and competition handguns. But I'm in my 70s and have no one to leave them to so about five years ago I started selling them so, if I pass early, my wife is not stuck with trying to get rid of them. Just holding onto to a few jems. ;)

·
Registered
554 Posts
These RSC 1917 rifles seem to have found more interest recently. WWI video games may have contributed to that?? I've seen my son using one online. I want one for my collection, but must be the real thing. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts