Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a type 38 at a local gunshop today that had a funny looking mum on it.It had the 16 pedals but in between every other one there was a small oval(eight of those).Anyone seen one like that before?I just looked the gun over quickley but it looked like a total mismatch number rifle.I think they were asking 300.00 for it.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,598 Posts
I saw a type 38 at a local gunshop today that had a funny looking mum on it.It had the 16 pedals but in between every other one there was a small oval(eight of those).Anyone seen one like that before?I just looked the gun over quickley but it looked like a total mismatch number rifle.I think they were asking 300.00 for it.
My T38 has similar markings, as previously stated, it denotes the rifle was no longer the property of the I.J.A but was either used at a training school or exported.

ukrifleman.

·
Kryptonite member
5,764 Posts
Is it possible that was one of the Siamese mods. to .30.06?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
It is almost undoutedly a former Thai Type 38, which was designated the Type 83 in Thailand. It may or may not have been shortened to a short rifle configuration and/or been re-chambered to .30 cal M2.

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.