Gunboards Forums banner
981 - 1000 of 1089 Posts

·
Administrator
18,338 Posts
out of battery detonation? i would like to hear the back story on this one.
He blew it up on purpose. It's what he does. In this case, he created a failure at about 475,000 PSI.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,606 Posts
He blew it up on purpose. It's what he does. In this case, he created a failure at about 475,000 PSI.
Wonder what he loaded that round with? I know we slipped some doctored ammo into the VC/NVA supply line in Vietnam (Comp C loaded 7.62x39 M1943), which would blow up an SKS, AK-47 or MG of choice. But don't know if any pressure readings or calculations were done.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
laugh all you want, but I'm here to tell you that tool works! back in the 80s went with a buddy of mine to Bremerhaven, Germany to pick up his car from the US and every vehicle had to go through a rigorous German vehicle inspection before it was released. he had 4 tires that had threads missing around the edges of the tires, and some other mach-nix things that didn't pass inspection.......took it to a German car repair shop outside the gate, which there were hundreds of those, and they made new threads using that tool

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
in transportatiion, hd truck and bus tires marked "regroovable" were routinely cut with both hand-held and machine mounted heated cutters. the designated tires were built with additional materiel under the tread portion to permit safe cutting.

981 - 1000 of 1089 Posts