Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a lot of research recently into the swedish FSR and can't seem to turn up anything specific about distances, targets, or scores. Do any of you much more knowledgeable gentleman have any information on what distances were shot and at what style of target for these competitions? Additionally, do we have record of any kind of score sheet/scores for competitions? I only ask as I'd love to replicate an FSR shoot and see how I stack up with one of my rifles against the swedes of the day.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Oh, I had this thread bookmarked. Has some of your answers.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I have a fairly late single page shooting guide from Norma which presents guidance on what amount of wind adjustment (or aimoff) is needed for winds of 2/4/6/8/10 metres per second. The title is "Vindavdrift, Korn- o. Malbredd".

Built into the chart is target size, which I think is expressed as half the target width. This is used as input for getting the aimoff with the military sight or the adjustment needed on the target sight ( "Knapp"). The target sight adjustment I am not sure about (not a Swedish speaker) but it is built into the curves the chart presents (sounds complicated but I will post an image later)

All I know is on my CG63 with the Elit backsight the windage is precisely metric each "click" equals 1 cm at 100 metres, so that 3 clicks equals one Minute of Angle.

I don't know why the location of each target size e.g. C20 at about 165 metres is slightly away from a rational range.

Assuming the targets were actually set at a rational distance, range vs circular target size (diameter)is as follows
150 m = 40 cm
200 m = 50 cm
275 m = 60cm
300 m = 75 cm
350 m = 80 cm
400 m = 100 cm

At 300 metres the chart shows the 10/9/8/7 scoring ring sizes. Arilar did post some examples of 300 m target faces at;

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The ballistics calculator I was referring to is shown in the (completed) auction link

1 - 5 of 5 Posts