Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the brake, I know how to put it on and now it's time to get the rest of the parts. K-Var has the 22mm FSB (stripped) but what else do I need? I am not familiar with the proper terms for the pins, springs, doodads.

Thanks!

Eli

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,506 Posts
Sorry mine ended up with a setscrew brake and my PAR's are all threaded 14x1lh....

But here's a bump just in hopes.... :)

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh... thanks Mike.

I just spoke with Glenn at K-Var (very nice guy) and I know what I need now.

In changing the FSB do you guys re-use the fixing pins or are new ones advisable?

Cheers,
Eli

·
Registered
258 Posts
You should be able to use the original pins, but I would probably pic up a set from K-var while I was placing the order. If something can go wrong it usually does when I attempt something. I have done this before and have removed/replaced many front sight bases with no problems.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I did. For $4 I wasn't going to spend too much time thinking about it. Besides, I'm one step closer to having a garage filled with enough AK parts to put Izhmash out of business this way. Competing with Izhmash would be easier than going against some members of this board though (including you ACR! lol)

Thx.

·
Registered
72 Posts
can any of you guys tell me what size ( diameter ) the pins were, and are they the same for the FSB and the Gas block ????????

I read where people were drilling them and using larger pins, OK well what size then ??....I was really curious what size the Romy pins were ?

thanks

·
Silver Bullet member
290 Posts
AK pins are 3mm except for some Chinese folding bayo models which used larger pins. 1/8'' is the next closest size up and is what I use if I have to adjust gas blocks or front site bases. To reuse your original pins, chuck them up in a drill and bevel each end to make starting real easy. A little cold blue blends them right in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts