Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a number of different sight blades in varying sizes for a No1 Mk111 and I'm keen to find out what the significance of the different sizes is. I've never really thought about it until I came across these.

They are all Lithgow marked in the following sizes -0.15, 0.65, 0.95.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello Billjim,
Each number represents a different hight. You would change them out depending on where your rifle shoots with it's current sight. Lets say your rear sight is set at 100 yrds and you aim at the bullseye with a 6:00 [email protected] ( Center of bullseye sitting on top of the front sight blade ). You shoot a couple of well aimed shots and they are all say outside the black @12:00. If your current sight blade reads say 0.45 you will want to put in maybe your 0.65 to force you to aim lower at the same 6:00 hold. I don't know all the detail calculations for it but that is basicly it. I have, in the past, just kept changing out the sight blade until it shoots where I want it to with my aiming. There are folks who know boatloads about this sort of calculation, hopefully they will be along shortly.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.