Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased, refinished, and "test drove" a 1938 98k. LOVE the rifle! Only problem is, the fixed front sight needs adjusting. It shoots about 18" right of center at 50 yards!

Does anyone know how to adjust this? Is there a special tool I need to buy? If so, where do I get it?

This is my first mil surp rifle. So I don't want to start banging and breaking parts!

I also plan on buying 2 Mosin Nagants (short and "long" versions) in the very near future. So if there's an adjustment tool out there that will do them all, that would be helpful to know too.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Rick

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
site tool

rick, i think brownells may have a tool to adjust your front site.
also, i have a 1943 Mosin Nagant M44 that I have listed. I just lowered the price to $190. There were only around 50,000 made. Initital startup for that year and model. Contact me at [email protected] if interested or lookup 1943 M44 on WTT/WTS board.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
If it shoots that far from the point of aim, I doubt that you can drift the front blade that far and still have it in the slot. It sounds like the whole front band will have to be rotated. You didn't mention what ammo you are using. It does make a difference on the point of impact.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My MP43/1 is missing by the exact same margin at the exact same distance. You probably won't be able to drift the blade far enough to correct the issue. I'm calling the rewat shop that did the job on my gun tomorrow to see about them doing some warranty work on it. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts