Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted a long time ago, before we started translating these. Perhaps we could do that now?

On the reverse is printed "vom kriegsschauplatz d. 26. res div", it means "from the theatre of war of the 26th reserve division". It was dated the 21st of april 1917 and stamped on the 22nd...

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
I think he must be acquainted with Karl Bochröder, he received "Paket N° 20" :D. I can read it and edit this post tomorrow, including the transcription.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
His and her initial of their christian name are both "R", more we don't now because he is very polite and names her "Widow" and with the name of her deceased husband.

Sender: Abs(ender) Musk(etier) R. Zehnder / Württ(em)b(er)g) Res. 7. / R(e)g(i))men)t 119 / 1. Komp(anie)

Receiver: Frau Fr. Kontermann W(i)tw(e) / (in Döbel. (Döbeb. ?) / in Oberurbach / o/n (ohne Nummer?) Schorndorf / Württ(em)b(er)g

L(iebe) R. - Geschrieben, den 21.4.17
Wil dir kurz mitteilen dass wir n(ach?) unser Marsch gut angekommen sind. L(iebe) R. Dein werte(s?) Packet N° 20 habe ich soeben erhalten, welches mich sehr freute.Besten Dank dafür. Wir sind je(t)zt in F. kreich (not sure. he means France). Bin bis je(t)zt immer noch gesund, was ich auch von Euch hoffe. Indessen sei herzl(ich) gegrüsst.
Auf baldiges Wiedersehn d.d.l. (Abbreviation is unknown to me) R.
Auch an mein(e) Mutter.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A certain similarity to our Karl here, yes....

Sender: Abs(ender) Musk(etier) R. Zehnder / Württ(em)b(er)g) Res. 7. / R(e)g(i))men)t 119 / 1. Komp(anie)

Receiver: Frau Fr. Kontermann W(i)tw(e) / (in Döbel. (Döbeb. ?) / in Oberurbach / o/n (ohne Nummer?) Schorndorf / Württ(em)b(er)g

Dear R. - Writtne the 21st of april 1917

I just want to tell you that we have arrived safely after our march. Dear R. I also recieved Your valued parcel number 20, which gave me great joy. Thanks a lot for it. We are now in france. I am still healthy, which I hope you are too. Otherwise, my heartfelt greetings. See you soon d.d.l.:confused: R. Also to my mother

1 - 6 of 6 Posts