·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Author Topic Bayonetcollector
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

Norway
1471 Posts
Posted - 05/14/2007 : 8:13:53 PM I've been lucky lately... Here's a P08 Luger pistol I picked up. This one has gone through two world wars. Lugers pop up here now and then, but it is rare to find a WWI dated one here. All matching to boot! I believe the grips are WWII, they are black plastic/bakelite.

Download Attachment:
103.55 KB

Is the eagle to the right a weimar eagle?

Download Attachment:
64.99 KB

Download Attachment:
70.58 KB

Nice DWM logo. 1918 date.

Download Attachment:
52.82 KB

Download Attachment:
145.32 KB

All comments are welcome.

Big commander
Gunboards.Com Silver Star Member

Belgium
967 Posts
Posted - 05/15/2007 : 12:54:06 PM Yes I don't think there were already plastic grips in 1918. The magazine should have a wooden bottom instead of aluminium. But this is not so important to a shooter (like me
). If you intend to take it apart to the last piece, PLEASE inform yourself first and leave that ejector alone (an original one costs roughly 40 Euros, a replica (blue not straw color) about 30 Euros!). Just worried about the gun
Almost forgot to ask: you "picked it up", is Norway "permit free"? And if so ... how long does it take to obtain the Norwegian nationality
Ubique fidelis et fortis
(1st recce)
Edited by - Big commander on 05/15/2007 12:58:35 PMBayonetcollector
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

Norway
1471 Posts
Posted - 05/15/2007 : 1:44:26 PM Yes, I read somewhere that the black plastic grips were not used before 1943. I'll have to get some wooden grips for it. I'll keep the black ones too, though, as they've been matched to the gun at some point, the serial number is written on the inside of the grips. I'd suppose some german armorer would have done that as there was no effort made to match the weapons modified by Norway after the war. The Norwegian army just did not think of future collectors...

No, Norway is far from permit free. You need to have a long standing membership in a pistol club to own a pistol. The main rule is you have to document a need (like hunting, target shooting etc) to be allowed to own any firearm... For a collectors licence you need a long process of attendance to the meetings of the one accepted collectors society and two members of five years standing or more to vouch for you. Strict it is. (No need to make this a "Gun Control" thread, though, I think that subject's been debated hotly many times already.
)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts