Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh Lord, this is too funny. Don't drink the water, or your stomach will ache. What a bunch of loons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone. I have lived in Dell City since I was 3 years old and my dad since 1950. I think its neat that people are moving out here. Even though in the back of my mind I know its gonna be tough.

The Valley is nick named the Valley of Hidden Waters. And it is possible to tap into the water, but as far as other modern conveniences like gas, landline phones, and electricity i just dont know if it can or will be ran into the area yall are planning on settling in. The water has alot of minerals in it, its really salty. If you drink to much it will make your belly hurt.

What I have been told for years about our water is that it comes from an aquifer that extends to colorado. When the snow melts it soaks through and flows towards Dell City. I have been told that the aquifer continues to and around the Guadalupe peak to Dell Citys south east. Of course I might add its all here-say.

When it comes to the location of Paulville itself. Its up on a plateau and not in the valley. I hope that yall can get water our there though.

Dell City itself is a small town surrounded literally by agriculture, primarily alfalfa. There is simply no room for mass expansion when it comes to the city itself. In order for that to happen people would have to buy fields that farmers have been using for years and years.

The land in the valley is extremely fertile. We have family garden every year. On a mass scale I have seen alfalfa, red chile peppers, cotton, watermelon, and oat hay grown.

In the pictures im sure everyone has noticed the little bushes all over the place. We call them grease wood but I believe their scientific name is creosote (not sure if I spelt that right). Which can be cleared really easily by a crop duster. I asked a crop duster one time the going rate on it, and if i remember correctly he said it was $33.00 a acre or $33 for 10 acres (cant remember). Raising livestock is certainly possible, many people do it. The problem is the creosote bushes take up so much of the rain water that its hard for grass to get out from under its shadow and grow. Which of course means you need a massive amount of land to support few cows. I have to assume that Paulville will have some sort of community livestock effort if it intends to be self effiecent. Getting rid of the bushes without ruining your top soil is something I forsee needing to be done.

Over the past couple years I have seen people moving along 62/180. And beside every house I can see these giant plastic tanks where they keep their water.

And just to reilliterate previous topics and questions. Dell City doesnt have a hospital, supermarket,fast food, hotel/motel. We have two privatly owned general stores where you can buy basic products: candy, soda, beer, milk, tobacco products, some canned goods, bread etc. For your major shopping you can either goto Elpaso Tx which is i believe 86 miles away 1hr15min drive or Carlsbad NM which is about the same. Everyone here has big freezers ; we stock up with a months worth of food and go from there.

I dont know what else to say. I suppose ill check back and see if there is any questions I might be able to answer

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think all the Ron Paul supporters on this board should move to Paulville to show us how it's done.

And to prove they're not juts a bunch of wind-bags.

· Silver Bullet member
36,347 Posts
I'm sure they'll do just as well as all the hippies who were setting up communes back in the 60's. Only a very few survived more than a couple years and those were almost all run by just one SOB, a real dictator, who absolutely dominated everyone else. Of course this was 180 deg. off their peace, love, and hallucinations lifestyle desires, which aren't all that far off the Paullites beliefs.

If Paulville is to become viable under those absolutely miserable economic conditions it'll inevitably be a one man show.

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only a very few survived more than a couple years and those were almost all run by just one SOB, a real dictator, who absolutely dominated everyone else. Of course this was 180 deg. off their peace, love, and hallucinations lifestyle desires, which aren't all that far off the Paullites beliefs.

Ya know, somewhere in there you just described Mauserboy. I could just see him now.

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
when the head paulite said to drink the koolaid, the army,feds, airforce, marines,government are coming, mousetoy would be the first. totally brainsloshed.

· Gold Bullet member
1,153 Posts
To be honest Brussel, I don't recall Paul endorsing this idea. Why not focus on the actual man?

I, for example, supported him for his support for fiscal conservatism, something I feel the GOP has abandoned. If you've got a beef with his supporters, ie. MB, why not attack MB on his own beliefs rather than try to lump him in with this crowd?

Just a thought, because I'd imagine MB will learn through legitimate debate as opposed to straw man attacks. Long term you want him on our side.

· Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
101,551 Posts
Just remember what "It" is really about in its lust for RPaul. It fantasizes Itself in the stirrups, waiting for Its idol to say "I'm going to touch you now"....

· Gold Bullet member
1,153 Posts
Come on Clyde, we can do better than that. He'll see the light eventually and then he'll be a useful idiot for our side.

· Banned
3,553 Posts
He'll see the light eventually and then he'll be a useful idiot for our side.
You call MB an Idiot but yet you Also supported Ron Paul????......am I missing something here???

Just remember what "It" is really about in its lust for RPaul. It fantasizes Itself in the stirrups, waiting for Its idol to say "I'm going to touch you now"....
Clyde...Please STOP.....I'm getting excited......I think I feel movement.......LOLOLOLOL.....

· Registered
959 Posts
The only time I ever envision Mouseboy being useful is if there's a suspicion that a particular area is sown with mines or covered by a sniper and the only way to know for sure is to send in someone expendable. :p

Make sure Ghostcat's nearby, too. He'd be the perfect guy to send in to find out if there was more than one mine. :D

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only time I ever envision Mouseboy being useful is if there's a suspicion that a particular area is sown with mines or covered by a sniper and the only way to know for sure is to send in someone expendable. :p

Make sure Ghostcat's nearby, too. He'd be the perfect guy to send in to find out if there was more than one mine. :D
Yeah, if there is more than one, hopefully it will be a bouncing betty and blow off his balls.

· Gold Bullet member
1,153 Posts
Careful M1, your making more assumptions...

First figure out what race I am before you start deciding what you know about me.

Like I said GC, I supported Paul due to his financial streak, not the natural law stance he consistantly advocated.

On another point, M1 would probably support the David Duke line the likes of which Blitzer started to attribute to Paul when he gained some support. DO you have a stormfront bookmark M1? I ASK because I don't ASSUME things about you.

· Banned
3,553 Posts

Like I said GC, I supported Paul due to his financial streak, not the natural law stance he consistantly advocated.
You supported him because of his money making sucess???......but disagreed with his policies?????.........I don't get it......

· Gold Bullet member
1,153 Posts

You supported him because of his money making sucess???......but disagreed with his policies?????.........I don't get it......
Long story short GC I supported him because I knew he would be the red veto pen this country badly needed. I didn't really care about the rest of his "end the Fed and everything else" stance. It didn't really matter though because that stuff wouldn't have flown anyway.

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Warning!

Long story short GC I supported him because I knew he would be the red veto pen this country badly needed. I didn't really care about the rest of his "end the Fed and everything else" stance. It didn't really matter though because that stuff wouldn't have flown anyway.
That's pretty scary stuff EB. Do you know that Brussell will soon attack you? I voted Palin/McCain, but was attacked by Brussell for being a Ron Paul Retard,(I considered his vote), and was accused of being a Commie. Well, that simply scared the crap out of me, and made me a Brussell worshipper.. I hope that I am worthy of his forgiveness, NOT..

· Registered
7,503 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.