Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They've "attempted" to deliver some ammo from J&G Sales to my house twice, according to the door tags they've left. This past time, in spite of it being only the second attempt, was apparently their final attempt, and I have NO idea how/where to go to get my ammo. I can hear it when the UPS guy and the USPS folks ring my doorbell, but why didn't this guy do that? He just knocked, I guess, and bailed before I could get to the door. I sleep during the day (yay, night shift!), but I've gotten every UPS delivery up to date.

Anyone else have this happen? There's no information on the tag as to how to retrieve my package, or where to go, etc. so how can I get it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
They typically don't put much effort into making the delivery here either. I do however get good information on where I can pick it up. I know where the place is so its easier than trying to wait for them to make more half hearted attempts. On the tracking this week, they said they left it at the front door, when actually I went out to get it, and the guy handed the package to me.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,910 Posts
They've "attempted" to deliver some ammo from J&G Sales to my house twice, according to the door tags they've left. This past time, in spite of it being only the second attempt, was apparently their final attempt, and I have NO idea how/where to go to get my ammo. I can hear it when the UPS guy and the USPS folks ring my doorbell, but why didn't this guy do that? He just knocked, I guess, and bailed before I could get to the door. I sleep during the day (yay, night shift!), but I've gotten every UPS delivery up to date.

Anyone else have this happen? There's no information on the tag as to how to retrieve my package, or where to go, etc. so how can I get it?

I have a FedEx ground driver (as compared to FedEx Air) who delivers to my office. He is a pr__k. When he took over the route I am on, he made it a point to tell me that he would not leave items next door.

Everyone else does leave them next door if I am not there.

About 9 months ago, I had ordered an oriential rug. I goofed and forgot to make my home the shipping point. So he comes in and wants me to come and help him unload it. He was upset when I would not hang up the phone and help me. But it was a business call. So he had to get the rug in by himself and he was in a foul mood. Then he was not too happy when I commented that I hoped that there was no damage o the rug from being drug.

A couple of weeks ago, he tried to deliver the catalogs for the RIA auction (sent to me free of charge). He came three times - all in the afternoon when no one was there. I am supposed to adjust my schedule for him ? No way.

As to FedEx ground, if they try the 3 times to deliver it and fail, they will send a postcard giving the hours and location of their facility where the items is being held. (Note -- They will only hold the item for about a week before they send it back.)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the feedback, Gentlemen.

Ted, it wasn't until foraging as deep into the FedEx website that I could manage that I found the place where you could plug in your Door Tag number. I was also trying to find it based on ZIP code, but no-go. Hopefully, I'll be able to plug in the DT# when I get home (tag's at home, I'm at work) and find my ammo. I will be SUPER-pissed if they send it back...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Same here unfortunately.

Seems like they walk up to the door, knock, tag, and leave all within about a 15 seconds..

·
Gold Bullet member
4,947 Posts
Fedex sucks! Period! They make little in attempt to deliver things and almost no effort to let you know they have been there. The last stock I got from them in the mail was hanging half out the box and I was 20 feet away in the shop with the door open and the radio playing they dropped it on the porch and scooted telling no one they were there! I wouldn't ship anything by them if I had a choice of any other way to go! I would use OJ's Camel Delivery Service over them they just plain stink at what they are supposed to do! Bill

·
Registered
47 Posts
FedEx Ground sucks - they have lost or mis-delivered

3 shipments to me, one of which I had to get the local police involved (pistol) and found out it was delivered to the wrong house. They never come to the door, instead they leave it next to the garage in plain view. FedEx Ground is the old Roadway Package delivery - just plain lousy. The problem is, distributors use them because they are the cheapest, and it shows. I always try for USPS first and UPS second, with signature required, costs a little more but I will get the package.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Fedex

I bought a stock off ebay - Fedex was supposed to deliver - one week went by - two weeks went by - nothing...I contacted the seller & yup fedex was carrier - The seller sent me the tracking number or something like that - I found the package was being held in Yakima - I drove 40 miles round to pick it up - they say two attempts were made to deliver? I have a locked gate at the front of my driveway - no notice nada.....Fedex sucks...

Pahtu.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Fedex has twice thrown boxes over my fence where the dogs commenced to shred each one with the enthusiasm of a rabbit in a carrot garden. One contained food that got completely ruined and the other was a 1941 SA M91/30 that luckily did not get damaged.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Fed Ex ground

If you call Fed Ex to have things held at their center make sure you call again before you go and confirm that the item is actually there before going. Many times something is screwed up and it ends up on the truck to be delivered again. UPS is better now than before in that they actually call you from the center to confirm that the item is being held.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I hate Fedex. I ordered some demilled grenades from a guy on ebay and they were due to arrive on Wednesday I never saw them, so when they still hadn't arrived on Friday I called Fedex and was told they were delivered on Wednesday and left on my porch. I don't have a porch so I went looking around and found the box laying in my yard at the corner of the fence(not near the gate mind you) It had been raining for two days but do to some great packaging by the seller my grenades suffered no harm.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, come to find out, via door tag number, I found out that they actually "attempted" three deliveries! Lying bastards. I stayed up til after 3 p.m. on the 12th for the express PURPOSE of getting my shipment. No door tag, no knock, NOTHING. Three attempts my @$$...

Well, I called the 1-800 number and they told me the address where to get it. Fortunately, they had it there, so I was able to pick it right up and head right back to the house.

Word of caution: if you shop J&G Sales, they used FedEx to ship to me. Request UPS or shop somewhere else. I am fed-up with FedEx. This is the 3rd time I've had something shipped to me through them, and they STILL suck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fed-Ex is horrid. I use to work for them as a packager. I quit after a week do to the fact that everyone just throws stuff in to there trucks. How ever IF I did that I would have been fired instantly since both my trucks where for Whidbey Island Navel Base and the person who had my position before hand was fired for tampering with the mail for the people on the base o_O needless to say he will never work a job involving mail again. The station got fined bad too. I don't trust Fed-Ex it's a horrid service. DHL isn't much better but is..sad at it may seem. We are required to ring the doorbell and wait if no responce put the package on the porch right by the door or if it's Sig Required leave a tag and attempt to hit it again later before returning to the base. Don't know about UPS cause never worked there or had anything really sent to me by them. I miss working for DHL >_> only thing I don't miss is people complaining about the Dell Parts not working...

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,801 Posts
I have had similar troubles with almost all of the shippers.

I have called all 3 shippers in my area and told them to hold all packages on "Will Call" and to leave a notice on my door. Soon as I get the notice, I call them up and repeat my intruction to hold the package on "Will Call".

I then go down and get the package the next day. It beats hanging around, waiting for the truck to show up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've never had to sign for an ammo shipment. Why didn't he just leave it by the front door?

They should at least have a waiver on the back of the tag they left allowing you to sign and give them permission to dump the package when you aren't there. Sounds like FedEx makes "Brown" look good.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The UPS driver at my new house is great, he will carry around any packages and put them up on the back deck unless it is raining then he will put them by the mandoor at the garage which is covered and secluded. When I first bought the house I was doing some renovations before moving in and had the garage door opened, Fedex delivered some stuff I had needed. He carried them into the garage without me even knowing I just happend to head out there as he was leaving. I live a bit out of the way with both my neighbors owning close to 100 acres each. Unfortunatly I only have about three but my one neighbor owns all the woods behind me with no plans to do anything with them.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
FedEx just delivered an english longbow to me, wasnt busted up because the shipper fooled them: he packed it in a 6 foot length of PVC drainpipe...!
Go with the USPS, best all around by far in my many dealings.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts