Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 419 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
But French Army did not want to sell to civilians the Scrome J8 scope, although this scope have nothing strategic...
It may not be that they don't want to sell the scopes to civilians, but that they plan to to reuse the scopes with other rifles. I know other countries have done similar things in the past.

There was an placard on the receiver just below nomenclature.
The placard is apparently part of a digital inventory system the french army adopted. This is the manufactuers website. VIGIFELIN - KBS

· Registered
22 Posts
I don’t think they reuse the Scrome J8 scope, that is an old conception optic.
Frf2 is replaced by the FN SCAR with S&B scope.

The French administration do not want to sell the Frf2 scope to civilians because its stadymetric reticle is made for the combat. This decision is strange but unfortunately usual with french army !

Here is my FRF2, baught in june in new condition :

· Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I don’t think they reuse the Scrome J8 scope, that is an old conception optic.
Frf2 is replaced by the FN SCAR with S&B scope.

The French administration do not want to sell the Frf2 scope to civilians because its stadymetric reticle is made for the combat. This decision is strange but unfortunately usual with french army !

Here is my FRF2, baught in june in new condition :

Beautiful rifle. Two questions, is that scope mount standard for Frf2?
Also, after seeing those pictures, I have to ask, how it shoots?

· Registered
22 Posts
Thank you !
The stanag mount is standard, but I put on it a stanag/ picatinny interface for standard rings.
My first shots are at 200 meters with manufactured ammunition. 10 shots were in 4 centimeters + 6 centimeters rectangle.

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thank you !
The stanag mount is standard, but I put on it a stanag/ picatinny interface for standard rings.
My first shots are at 200 meters with manufactured ammunition. 10 shots were in 4 centimeters + 6 centimeters rectangle.
T-bolt
Do you think that stanag mount with picatinny interface would be the same in this accessories kit thats provided?
Font Pattern Rectangle Brand Advertising

· Registered
1,636 Posts
Looks like there are 4 from the first group remaining and there will be another small batch month end. I asked Val about the scopes and as others have stated the original scopes and mounts were retained by the Govt and not for sale to Civies. Mount is made by same Govt contractor so should work fine.

· Registered
706 Posts
Thank you !
Good Day All,
A poster (fallschirm) on one of the French speaking firearm sites posted various pictures to include a STANAG mount with rings. If the same mount is provided with the current offerings, then commercially available rings might be a possibility for mounting scopes.
Regards,
Michael
Machine tool Wood Bumper Cylinder Machine

Machine tool Cylinder Machine Wood Gas

· Registered
22,072 Posts
I took a look at the reticle and the issue scope for this rifle is hardly state of the art. However, this rare sniper rifle needs some optic so what would that be. I don't suppose those who shell out 7 grand did that for a wall hanger scopeless sniper. Well...I wouldn't so maybe others would.

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I took a look at the reticle and the issue scope for this rifle is hardly state of the art. However, this rare sniper rifle needs some optic so what would that be. I don't suppose those who shell out 7 grand did that for a wall hanger scopeless sniper. Well...I wouldn't so maybe others would.

It uses 7.62×51mm NATO ammunition and is equipped with a telescopic sight.[3] French army standard issue is either an APX L806 or SCROME J8 (Army) or Nightforce NXS (Air force) or Schmidt & Bender 6×42 mil-dot (Navy). Backup sights are also used, being made standard on each F2 rifle.[3]
The rifle is also issued as part of the FÉLIN infantry combat system outfitted with a SAGEM Sword Sniper 3-in-1 optic, which serves as a telescopic sight, thermal weapon sight, and laser rangefinder. The FR F2 utilizes the same

· Premium Member
1,334 Posts
It's honestly jaw dropping that for prices asked, someone from OWS can't post picture of how exactly mount is looking like...
I think fitting it with NF NXS will be the best choice to keep it close to the "original". I don't recall seeing SCROME J8 for sale...
Whole thing looks little bit disappointing. For around $7k those rifles are missing some parts and prospects of reuniting them with the original scopes looks rather grim...Looks like those sold in the first batch were the best deal...

21 - 40 of 419 Posts