Gunboards Forums banner
321 - 340 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can confirm that my original mount has a serial number on it.
The serial numbers on mounts definitely correspond to rifles (The FRF1 mounts even have the F prefix on them from the rifle).

Having said that I have seen original FRF2 mounts without serial numbers and even one that was restamped with a second serial number. I'll see if I can find the photos.

·
Registered
326 Posts
hello,
Many of you have bipods that are missing the rubber bipod tip, I am looking for the company that made these rubber tips at the time.
if not, I'll have someone else do the same.
you can put the photos of your frf2 which misses the rubber? as i see
I found some rubber tips on Amazon to use until a source for the originals is found. I am not happy with the way they look but they are functional. I put two each on each bipod tip as they are pretty thin.

Automotive tire Wood Tire Sports equipment Water

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
But Richard that doesn’t look like any of the original feet that I have seen in photos like this one?

I think Richard is talking about the rubber end caps at the end of the barrel shroud that flexes and easily tears. NOt the feet pieces for the bipod.

·
Registered
Frf2 - Mas 36 - Mas 49/56 - PGM Ultimatum Ratio
120 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
the rubber at the end of the biped, in reality there are two pieces, the small rectangle inside is made of aluminum and the rubber is cast on it.
I'm looking for the factory that made this at the time, asks it to make the small aluminum square and pour the rubber on it, as you buy the two complete heels, and you mount directly on your bipod

·
Registered
120 Posts
when the 1200 Frf2 are sold, the gunsmith in France knows that in the 1200 f2 there are many barrels are worn, a barrel frf 2 loses 90% of its precision at 12000 cartridges fired, a barrel frf2 can go up to 20,000.
The gunsmith in France has already thought of finding last year to find a barrel manufacturer who can redo the barrel identically to the original GIAT 3 three Twiss barrel. In France there are several manufacturers who manufacture the barrel for Frf2, The gunsmith Salva has some match barrel brand Lothar Walter has 3 twisss, like the original barrel, but these barrels from Salva to send to the United States c It's very complicated you need export authorization, Import, very complicated.
The gunssmith who imported these 1200 f2s in the United States, he knows that in these 1200 f2s there are a lot of barrels that are worn and need to be changed, and he has found a manufacturer in canada who can redo the barrels for FRF2 identically. Normal these guns are already made in Canada and will be delivered to the United States already, for you it is easier, you do not need to make an import request. Ask OWS or Navy'arms if they have these Barrel

·
Registered
120 Posts
for the reproduction of the FrF2 barrel, it is better that you look for a manufacturer in the USA, in the US you have several barrel manufacturers of very good quality and good reputation, and to find a 30 caliber tube with 3 stripes, for the plans of manufactures of the Frf2 barrel, we can send you if you need.
if the barrel is made in the US it's easy to see to buy it no need for paper for export.

Ask the question to the OWS importer the barrel, in the US you have very good gunsmiths who can do that

·
Registered
120 Posts
the particularity of the FRF2 barrel is that the twiss is progressive, there is a barrel manufacturer in the US who did that, you have to look for the manufacturer.
given the state of the F2s sold in the US if really there are 1200 f2s imported, in my opinion you need at least 300 to 400 cannons in reserve to change

it is an interesting market to study,

·
Registered
120 Posts
to know if the barrel is good, of course there are gauges, and measurements indicated the dimensions, gauges, measurements in the book of the army the MAT 11084 manual of repair of the rifle frf2.

if not the easiest, see make test shots with supported shooting distance 200 meters, on 10 cartridges you must not exceed 6 cm in diameter, that class, the weapon is precision.

if on 200 meters the grouping of the 10 cartridges exceeds 12 centimeters the gun is ruined.

·
Registered
120 Posts
the photos shot only 50 meters today, to give you an idea a group shot series of 10 cartridges, Frf2.
can you show the photos of your shots with your FRF2 ?

Attachments

321 - 340 of 360 Posts