Gunboards Forums banner
301 - 320 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
the SCROME company will soon sell J8 reticule F1 glasses, in your opinion there will be people who will buy in the United States, how many FRF2 are there in the United States?
I would buy a SCROME J8 with the French Army reticule. I suspect many of the others who bought an FR-F2 would also. I would be also interested in the maker of the 7.62 barrel
SCROME sent an email out this week laying out plans to hopefully start taking pre-orders in September/October for J8 scopes with delivers to start approximately 6 months later.

Definitely be down for one myself.

·
Registered
339 Posts
SCROME sent an email out this week laying out plans to hopefully start taking pre-orders in September/October for J8 scopes with delivers to start approximately 6 months later.
I haven’t been following this as closely as I ought to have, but what happened to all the original scopes? Did the French government surplus and sell the rifles but decide to destroy the scopes and mounts for some asinine bureaucratic reason?

I’m sure Scrome is thrilled to have an opportunity to make more money.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven’t been following this as closely as I ought to have, but what happened to all the original scopes? Did the French government surplus and sell the rifles but decide to destroy the scopes and mounts for some asinine bureaucratic reason?
Honestly not sure, heard something about French laws preventing their sales. But these are the same people who refused to sell the rifles with the scope mounts because.... reasons.

·
Registered
Frf2 - Mas 36 - Mas 49/56 - PGM Ultimatum Ratio
120 Posts
@flicker did you write to Mr. Etienne Preiss directly?

if you are interested in Scrome J8 scopes, you must write to Scrome so that he can know the number of people who will buy so that he can start production quickly,

·
Registered
326 Posts
hello,
Many of you have bipods that are missing the rubber bipod tip, I am looking for the company that made these rubber tips at the time.
if not, I'll have someone else do the same.
you can put the photos of your frf2 which misses the rubber? as i see
I am missing both so anything you can find out about the original rubber pads would be greatly appreciated. Those aluminum replacements scratch the heck out of the desk.

·
Registered
Frf2 - Mas 36 - Mas 49/56 - PGM Ultimatum Ratio
120 Posts
me and my friend are looking for the factory that made the FRF2 bipods in 1980, to have the small square with the aluminum rod rebuilt and the rubber poured on it, but the factories are on vacation in August, if we arrives has found the company that manufactures the heel of the bipod we will keep you informed

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hey guys just thought I would post part of my conversations with Scrome about some of the details when they contracted w the French army as a PSA for every one. My specific questions were surrounding the original mounts and serialization of the scopes and mounts. Sounds like the mounts were serialized to the rifles but the scopes themselves were not. Here is part of the conversation on the mounts themselves:

From Scrome:

"Indeed, the association of serial numbers should certainly relate more to mounts. These are indeed the same mounts as those sold to the army. As with the J8s, we own the design that our engineers created years ago.
The price of the mount dedicated to the FRF2 will certainly be above 300€, without being able to give you more details for the moment. This will depend in particular on the number of people interested.
Can I add you to the list of people wishing to get one?

Best regards

Etienne Preiss "

Soooo for those collectors that had concerns about the specific mounts for the FrF2's they will also be selling the specific mounts for the rifles as well. Price will depend on the amount of people that are interested....just like the scopes. You may want to email them directly about this if you wish to be put on the list for the mounts as well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I’ve got a repro FRF2 Stanag mount that looks exactly like the one in their photos. I am assuming it is the same but you never know. Schrome apparently owns the rights to the mount? So how were the reproductions made? I don’t know if I want to pony-up an additional 300 Euros for essentially the same thing even if my mount is not “original.”

301 - 320 of 360 Posts