Gunboards Forums banner
241 - 260 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
According to the data of the FRF2 GIAT manufacturer, the weapon is classified as “good” the shot from 200 meters the impacts of the 10 cartridges on do not exceed HEIGHT + LENGTH less than 12 centimeters, barrel life is at 10,000 strokes
the ammunition tests by the manufacturer of the arm GIAT:
Hide shooting: with APX 806-04 telescope 200 meters, SIERRA HP MACH KING warheads, Height + Width, 9.7 centimeters, +
In 1986 and 1987, 3500 FR-F1 were transformed into caliber 7.62, becoming as fr-f2 cannon 3 stripes with the step of 300 millimeters,
Canon FR-F2/
A particularly interesting point of this barrel with three stripes: the bore presents a conical internal profile. At manufacture, the diameter of the core at the flat of the scratches is 7.62 mm. The tolerances allowed are from +0.025 to - -0.01mm on the chamber side, and -0.04 mm on the mouth side, with 0.01 mm.
This wedge improves precision but also limits barrel wear.
Ammunition:
the manufacturers of ammunition for FRF2, the cartridges of MANS (ALM) or by the SFM (French company of Munitions) in 1990, these manufacturers are closed since.
Cartridges used by the army there are several manufacturers
  • cartridges called ordinary bullet (BO), 7.62 NATO warheads 150 grains Muzzle velocity speed + or – 845 m/s
  • PPI armor-piercing cartridges: 147-grain warheads, Muzzle velocityspeed 820 m/s, powder weight 44.59 grains
be careful the PPI cartridge wears out the barrel quite quickly
  • precision cartridges manufactured by SFM and GEVELOT
  • ATHENA cartridges, bullet weight 155 grains, bullet BC 0.349, Muzzle velocity 793m/s
RUAG precision cartridges 157 or 168 grain warheads
precision 155-grain and 168-grain NORMA cartridges
etc…..
if not, there are the GGG 155 grain precision cartridges, Muzzle velocity 855 m/s, which are very near to the military cartridges used on the FR-F2..
The NATO LM 118 bullet 175 grain military cartridges I have never used I do not know. You have to try
if not, I reload with LAPUA SCENA 167 grain warheads with NATHUVOURI N140 powder
Note: the cartridges that are used by the army are 147 grains or 155 grains, if you use cartridges whose warheads are heavier, it is possible that you will have to adjust the flash hider (cache flamme) to have good accuracy.

There are several army manuals for the FRF2 rifle, the MAT 1166, the MAT 1184, manuel de reparation FR-F2, and other army manuals.

·
Registered
407 Posts
According to the data of the FRF2 GIAT manufacturer, the weapon is classified as “good” the shot from 200 meters the impacts of the 10 cartridges on do not exceed HEIGHT + LENGTH less than 12 centimeters, barrel life is at 10,000 strokes
the ammunition tests by the manufacturer of the arm GIAT:
Hide shooting: with APX 806-04 telescope 200 meters, SIERRA HP MACH KING warheads, Height + Width, 9.7 centimeters, +
In 1986 and 1987, 3500 FR-F1 were transformed into caliber 7.62, becoming as fr-f2 cannon 3 stripes with the step of 300 millimeters,
Canon FR-F2/
A particularly interesting point of this barrel with three stripes: the bore presents a conical internal profile. At manufacture, the diameter of the core at the flat of the scratches is 7.62 mm. The tolerances allowed are from +0.025 to - -0.01mm on the chamber side, and -0.04 mm on the mouth side, with 0.01 mm.
This wedge improves precision but also limits barrel wear.
Ammunition:
the manufacturers of ammunition for FRF2, the cartridges of MANS (ALM) or by the SFM (French company of Munitions) in 1990, these manufacturers are closed since.
Cartridges used by the army there are several manufacturers
  • cartridges called ordinary bullet (BO), 7.62 NATO warheads 150 grains Muzzle velocity speed + or – 845 m/s
  • PPI armor-piercing cartridges: 147-grain warheads, Muzzle velocityspeed 820 m/s, powder weight 44.59 grains
be careful the PPI cartridge wears out the barrel quite quickly
  • precision cartridges manufactured by SFM and GEVELOT
  • ATHENA cartridges, bullet weight 155 grains, bullet BC 0.349, Muzzle velocity 793m/s
RUAG precision cartridges 157 or 168 grain warheads
precision 155-grain and 168-grain NORMA cartridges
etc…..
if not, there are the GGG 155 grain precision cartridges, Muzzle velocity 855 m/s, which are very near to the military cartridges used on the FR-F2..
The NATO LM 118 bullet 175 grain military cartridges I have never used I do not know. You have to try
if not, I reload with LAPUA SCENA 167 grain warheads with NATHUVOURI N140 powder
Note: the cartridges that are used by the army are 147 grains or 155 grains, if you use cartridges whose warheads are heavier, it is possible that you will have to adjust the flash hider (cache flamme) to have good accuracy.

There are several army manuals for the FRF2 rifle, the MAT 1166, the MAT 1184, manuel de reparation FR-F2, and other army manuals.

I thought that the 168 grain projectile is more accurate in FRF2 than 155 grain.

Would you say that the 155 grain is better than the 168 grain for accuracy?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sometimes, Scrome accept to sell scope to civilan with mildot reticle.
I am asking them for a J8 or J10 for 6 monts, and they finally find a mildot J10 in their stock for me.

Maybe they will produce new J8 if they have more than 50 orders. We do not know if they will accept to produce the military reticle.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If they produced it for the American market with the stadiametric reticle, they could make a lot of money. Of course, I'm sure some of those scopes would probably find their way from America into the hands of our French brothers.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just in from France, courtesy of @ricardo28 , two (2) APX-04 scopes!

I believe that the APX-04 is the first correct scope for the FRF2 sniper rifle.

If I'm not mistaken, the APX-01 has coarse adjustments and is cammed for the 7.5x54 round, meant for the MAS-49 and MAS-49/56.

The APX-03 has fine adjustments and is also cammed for the 7.5x54 round, meant for the FRF1 as well as the MLE.

And the APX-04, as these shown here, has fine adjustments and is cammed for 7.62x51, meant for the FRF2.
Camera lens Camera accessory Wood Trigger Gas

Writing implement Office supplies Art Liquid Line

Automotive tire Product Camera accessory Tire Cameras & optics

Cat Packing materials Shipping box Carnivore Felidae

241 - 260 of 286 Posts