Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Looks like there are 4 from the first group remaining and there will be another small batch month end. I asked Val about the scopes and as others have stated the original scopes and mounts were retained by the Govt and not for sale to Civies. Mount is made by same Govt contractor so should work fine.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Here’s a few more pictures. The pack I got did not have a Mount in it! I’m hoping this is a simple fix as the shipping list shows the pack was supposed to include one!
I believe what Val told me was the mounts have not come in in yet from the Mfg in France. They have been shut down alot over there too due to the Coof as well and that has played into the mounts not being here yet so hopefully they will come in with the final batch comes in.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Angleofattack said:
I am not following. Where is there an FRF2 for 4500, $ or EURO.
This is in France, 4500 Euros for a rifle. 2500 for a mil dot scrome scope (to be released in August)

I would pay that for the original reticule scope

Hey guys if we got over 1000 of these rifles coming into the country maybe we should put together a group buy for the Scrome scopes? Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
The original F2 base , not'reproduction, it selles 250€ At 280 € in France, of You know body in France hé can buy for You

Does any one know where to find an original miltary mount? Or where there is one for sale?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Hey guys just thought I would post part of my conversations with Scrome about some of the details when they contracted w the French army as a PSA for every one. My specific questions were surrounding the original mounts and serialization of the scopes and mounts. Sounds like the mounts were serialized to the rifles but the scopes themselves were not. Here is part of the conversation on the mounts themselves:

From Scrome:

"Indeed, the association of serial numbers should certainly relate more to mounts. These are indeed the same mounts as those sold to the army. As with the J8s, we own the design that our engineers created years ago.
The price of the mount dedicated to the FRF2 will certainly be above 300€, without being able to give you more details for the moment. This will depend in particular on the number of people interested.
Can I add you to the list of people wishing to get one?

Best regards

Etienne Preiss "

Soooo for those collectors that had concerns about the specific mounts for the FrF2's they will also be selling the specific mounts for the rifles as well. Price will depend on the amount of people that are interested....just like the scopes. You may want to email them directly about this if you wish to be put on the list for the mounts as well.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
But Richard that doesn’t look like any of the original feet that I have seen in photos like this one?

I think Richard is talking about the rubber end caps at the end of the barrel shroud that flexes and easily tears. NOt the feet pieces for the bipod.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
FYI its my understanding that Scrome will have available the mounts for the J8 available as well but you will need to contact them and get on the list if you want a set in this production run.

1 - 14 of 17 Posts