Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The French small arms deliveries for Russia are well described in numerous Russian sources. However, until recently I didn't know the deliveries also included Ruby pistols, 10,000 of them. No idea if they had specific Russian marks. Probably not, except for maybe stars since they came from the French.

Here is a scan that I lifted from a Russian forum:

And here is data from Fyodorov; his numbers differ:

Reactions: Turtleguy9

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
The French Nieuport fighter was something of a standard item of Allied equipment, as were the 1907/15 and 1886/M.93 rifles. Quantities were provided to Italy after the Caporetto disaster, to the Greeks and Serbians in Salonika, and to the hapless Romanians holding on in Bessarabia/ Moldova after the German/ Austro-Hungarian/ Bulgarian invasion.

As people know, but I'll bring up, the French F1 hand grenade is the origin of the long-serving Soviet F1 hand grenade, just with a different fuse and mechanism. Many citron foug grenades used a sort of Japanese-style of percussion igniter, and so too many of the first F1s before the more Mills bom-type pin and "spoon" safety lever were adapted to the type.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.