Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
German marked French rigs with correct extra magazines and holsters 1935A, French Unique, and MAB.
Thanks for looking,
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Very nice Joe, the 1935A is one of the nicest I have seen. I am still searching for a German marked Unique, John

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice Joe, the 1935A is one of the nicest I have seen. I am still searching for a German marked Unique, John
The 1935A rig came from a vet with the original discolored ammo in the magazine. (John, thanks for the compliment!) I sold a Unique last year.

·
Registered
446 Posts
About a week after I found my 1935A a friend of my son handed me a box and said he found it in the parking lot of the pawn shop he manages and had no idea what they were for.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Very nice rigs.
A couple years ago, Ian of 'Forgotten Weapons' tested available 7.65L ammo and he got the best results, and best price, with new ammo from Steinel of Ohio. Before last year, I ordered a few boxes for my pre-occupation 1935A, but haven't made it to the range since Covid.
Nice to see some correct holsters.
For now, my 1935A is in a repro Vietnam/Chinese Tokarev holster-.
A couple pics.

Mark D.

DSCF4172.JPG DSCF4171.JPG

·
Registered
889 Posts
very nice.
Thanks.
The holster is supposed to be a Vietnam surplus for a Chinese Type 54. I've found many examples on Amazon, eBay and other sites, listed as either surplus or repro. I bought two of these three years ago from some army veteran, selling a bunch of surplus military gear at a flea market. They had a strong, musty smell as if they had been stored in a garage or basement for a long time. I gave only $5 for the pair. So if it's a repro, I can't complain. It's well made, with a nice corduroy liner, though I had to air it out a long time to tame the smell!
The pistol was $125 at a show a couple years earlier. As I suspected, decent 7.65 long ammo was pretty much extinct, until a couple years ago when Steinel started making it.

Mark D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts