Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to figure out the best way to post pictures.
An assortment of different models of French revolvers

AS you can see few models 1873 one model 74 some 92 and in the center the very elusive model 1877 made specially for the French 2eme bureau, this one was given as a gift to Teddy Roosvelt
How does one edit text between pictures?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Robert what's the 2eme bereau ? Looks like a 1873
that got the barrel chopped .
Any special marks or caliber ?
To make pictures post in middle of text or big
you have to have them on a different server or url
or something along those lines .
I asked that question myself someone gave me a reply
but wasn't sure if I had to load my pictures on photobucket or soemthing ?
If you find out let me know ?
mcgoo

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chamelot delvigne system

Mc goo,
the 2eme bureau used to be the French intelligence gathering organisation.
When Roosvelt returned the revolver in 1914 it was somehow stolen by Mata Hari ,for few years there was no trace of the revolver but in 1946 it reappeared in Vladivostock with a prostitute from indonesia that gave it to Mao Tse tung. It was found in hue in 1949 by a Sergeant of the Legion and that is how I got it along with the papers from the Smithonian authentifying the all story.
more revolvers of the systeme Chamelot Delvigne

And now the other side
There will be a quizz and you will be required to identify all the revolvers on those pictures

It looks like using image shach gives better results, but it requires few more steps
Best regards

·
Platinum Bullet Member
553 Posts
How did you know to contact the Smithsonian? That baby has been around the world the HARD way!

·
Silver Bullet member
2,011 Posts
I see you have added three 9.4 cal. Dutch 'East Indies' revolvers to the left, and three 10.4 Italian service revolvers to your fine selection of French wheel guns.

It's a joy to see how easily the lockwork of old service revolvers, like those pictured, can be taken apart for cleaning. Such great designs. Some need no extra tools at all.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Greetings,

Oh how I despise you for posting such provocative photos! I'll be distracted the rest of the day. Wonderful collection and thanks for posting them.

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Have you ever seen . . . .

I have an 1892 with no markings and a short barrel -ever run across something like this?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can anyone tell me much about this 1874 french gun i just bought?
Its got no year stamped on the side of the Barrel and No Ser # in the frame or anywhere the seller could find.
i havent received it yet so cant help other than this picture.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
I suppose there's no way for me to buy one of those, is there?

I've been on the lookout for a service revolver from that era just to take apart the lockwork even if i never get ammo for it. And for the sheer awesomeness factor The only thing i ever found from that era was a bodeo that looked like it had been through both world wars on the front line then spent some time in the swamp. $200 was way too much for it (someone want to correct me?)

·
Registered
140 Posts
What you have is a revolver built by a gunsmith for the civilian market.

kelt
OK well ive only seen one on the Net for sale at Colletable firearms.
Are they more Comon than the 1874 Officers Revolver or more un Common?

I have a sweet presentation 1874 Officers Revolver. Wonder if theres any noticeable diffrence in them?
It should be here in a week or so its in great condition with a holster and Case.

·
Registered
955 Posts
You see them from time to time . The value is probally less than
half what a military model is worth .
I've sold 2 1874 models over past 2 years for average of 900.00 each .
sold 3 1873 models average 475.00 each .
my guess would be yours worth about 200-300 maybe .
Couldn't get picture to enlarge .
mcgoo

·
Registered
140 Posts
collectable firearms must be a rip off then eh? they want $1495 for one with a worn frosted bore. and surface scratches ect. on there web site

Ive seen two Military 1874s on Gun Broker go for + $1500

1 - 16 of 16 Posts