Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a rare cover of the manual the French wrote on the Type 38, you will note the usage of the model type as Modèle 1905 and the fault in the spelling of the word Japonnais as it should have been Japonais. This manual was written in 1914.
This is all I got on this manual, no other pages. I am trying to get more of them but right now this is all I have.

Patrick

104551354_10219868636257623_4757621740965119054_n.jpg

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice, good luck on finding the remainder. Not near as rare; here is one of several manuals the Great Britain did on the Arisaka;

engman 001.jpg engman 003.jpg engman 004.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,210 Posts
San Hachi Shih = Three Eight Type= 1905 ( as per French Manual.
British Pattern 1907== Fist year of Issue according to Brit. Intelligence Reports.
Same for Type 30==M1897, but British Pattern 1900.
Brits always used First Year of Issue, rather than Year of Official Adoption.
Just another British "Quirk"

The French manuals were part of the original order by France to Japan for the Rifles, which for some reason, werenot received by France, but sent to Britain ( probably an ammunition supply question, )
Who knows...the rifles eventually went to Imperial Russia, the Training Units of British Army and RN, and a small lot in 1917 to Laurence of Arabia's Arab Army.( all supplied with British-made ammo)

Doc AV

·
Super Moderator
9,210 Posts
Spanish mislabled!!!
Illustration is Type 35 ( 1902)

Description in Spanish is M1897 ( Type 30).

As these would have come from Stalin, "Republican" would be correct, not "Nationalist" ( Franco)...unless manual published after SCW???

Front page of manual, please, to
Clear this up???

Doc AV

·
Registered
129 Posts
Spanish mislabled!!!
Illustration is Type 35 ( 1902)

Description in Spanish is M1897 ( Type 30).

As these would have come from Stalin, "Republican" would be correct, not "Nationalist" ( Franco)...unless manual published after SCW???

Front page of manual, please, to
Clear this up???

Doc AV

It's a manual produced by the Nationalists regarding arms captured from the Republicans.

·
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you to Frank A for sending me a complete file on this manual ... he said I could post it up

Patrick

Part I

Attachments

·
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Part II

Here is something from page 10 ... It basically states that when the rear sight leaf is in the natural position, laying down across the rear sight base that notch is for 300 meters, lifting up the rear sight leaf up then lifting up the slider and that notch is for 400 meters.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts