Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up 12 boxes marked "8 Cartouches De 7.70mm A Balle Ordinaire" made in 12 -54. Does anyone have any info on this ammo?

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I once owned a respectable number of

Enfields . I always heard the 50's French

.303 is super corrosive .

FIVESHOT

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like French guns, and they seem to be well made. I wonder why French ammo is so bad. The only accident I have ever had due to bad ammo was years ago shooting French ammo in an M1 Garand. A case ruptured. Fortunately the Garand design kept the gasses away from my face. The only damage to the gun was a split stock, and I ws not injured. before that I had two boxes in which every cartridge was a dud. I will never shoot French ammo again.

French invented the rimfire, centerfire, pinfire, smokeless powder, and minie ball. I read that French black powder was considered to be the best until Du Pont brought French manufacturing techniques to America. Why has more recent French ammo been so terrible?

·
Silver Bullet member
5,184 Posts
I picked up 12 boxes marked "8 Cartouches De 7.70mm A Balle Ordinaire" made in 12 -54. Does anyone have any info on this ammo?
Please use this stuff next time you are making up a batch of concrete to repair your sidewalk. Put it at the bottom the hole and cover it up.

tac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts