Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
If the OAL is 1150mm, it could be a "mousqueton de gendarmerie" Mle 1925T, the location of the embouchoir in relation with the front sight is correct for the model but the caliber when new was 17,6mm, some were rifled as Mle 1825 T bis.

kelt

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OAL is 1145mm, it's a smoothbore, I can't feel or see any rifling. I re-measured the bore, it's probably 17,6mm and not 18mm. The bore isn't perfectly round anymore and it depends at what position I measure it.

There's also a 14. G. marking on the buttplate, I edited my first first post and added the picture. Maybe the G. stands for Gendarmerie?

·
Registered
719 Posts
14 G means 14th Légion of Gendarmerie. A Légion of Gendarmerie is the name of a regional group. The place of these légions has varied. I think that, at the time of this mousqueton, the headquarter of the 14th Légion was in Caen (Normandy). But at the end of the 19th century, it was in Lyon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.