Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Freeze up is here, like a month late, in the Arctic.
Me and the son put a dozen Bull Caribou and the wife used my M-39 to throw in 2 ta boot, enough meat to get us 9 through till we have daylight again, in mid January. Bulls here have "Gone Stink" as we call the Rutting guys, who have stopped eating and with bellys full of water, they are going nuts running this way and that, fighting each other and bushes alike...Fun to watch.
Were not too dark now,though its comming on at 9 minutes less light a day now. Only the ocean is navagable, and the ice is too thin to venture over the rivers and lakes.

We left some whole, in the skin.

Some we bagged and froze (its 25 above now) so they wouldnt stick into one big lump. we covered em all, after the froze solid, with tarps and Bull skins

A Hunters wife is always busy. This is the third Boo she butcherd down and she keeps it clean. All done with an Ulu.

This is all we throw away, after cutting out the tounges ........Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!

My friend dave caught his first bull and kept it all

Helped a couple friends who had this fella wounded and hiding in the brush. Thank God were the ones who have the Guns!!!Came up on him, sights on but he was only able to move to the left, all outta steam....and I called over the Hunter, who finished what he started. Then I took his pict.

Hers a pict from Mid sept...this is that dredded out come after the fun....W O R K!

So were set on hunting the Ocean now, and soon that'll be solid, and then we Ride!!! Yeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwww!!!!!
Freeze up is here, like a month late, in the Arctic.
Me and the son put a dozen Bull Caribou and the wife used my M-39 to throw in 2 ta boot, enough meat to get us 9 through till we have daylight again, in mid January. Bulls here have "Gone Stink" as we call the Rutting guys, who have stopped eating and with bellys full of water, they are going nuts running this way and that, fighting each other and bushes alike...Fun to watch.
Were not too dark now,though its comming on at 9 minutes less light a day now. Only the ocean is navagable, and the ice is too thin to venture over the rivers and lakes.

We left some whole, in the skin.

Some we bagged and froze (its 25 above now) so they wouldnt stick into one big lump. we covered em all, after the froze solid, with tarps and Bull skins

A Hunters wife is always busy. This is the third Boo she butcherd down and she keeps it clean. All done with an Ulu.

This is all we throw away, after cutting out the tounges ........Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!

My friend dave caught his first bull and kept it all

Helped a couple friends who had this fella wounded and hiding in the brush. Thank God were the ones who have the Guns!!!Came up on him, sights on but he was only able to move to the left, all outta steam....and I called over the Hunter, who finished what he started. Then I took his pict.

Hers a pict from Mid sept...this is that dredded out come after the fun....W O R K!

So were set on hunting the Ocean now, and soon that'll be solid, and then we Ride!!! Yeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Somemore pix;

]

·
Registered
413 Posts
Why not keep the antlers and sell them to button makers or make the buuttons and sell them yourself?

See what the buttons are selling for and you'll see what I mean.

Looks like you live in my idea of heaven.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts