Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Think this thread needs to come back to the front again.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,676 Posts
+1 hell +2

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
If a Moderator reads this - can we make it a sticky?????

Not sure why it did'nt get its due during the initial posting - guess we were all to busy tearing eachother apart.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Very good deal, as the NRA has some great mags, you get some free insurance for a year, and discounts with various motels, car rentals, etc.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
The troll comes out, and shocks us with his keen insight.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Why just 1 year? Why not...say...5 years?
Sorry, MamasBoy, but too many gun owners such as yourself who don't contribute to ANY RKBA makes it hard for RKBA organizations to throw too much money around.

But don't worry, we're working to keep your gun rights also, so just keep sponging off your parents AND off of us. :)

Meanwhile, are all RKBA organizations giving away free memberships to vets?

·
Registered
961 Posts
We heard this rumor in Iraq back in 2004 and 2005. We wrote with no reply. [A FOB full of firearms fanatics from MT ID and Oregon] Along with free magazines. Maybe all the pogues on the big "ice cream" bases got them, with the 200 pounds of beef jerky sent from MT folks! Nada. Now it seems true.

For the past 15 years the NRA has called me up to renew my membership. They also call up sham "vital poll questions" at the end for donations. It is really not the NRA but some lame subscription service. My patience wears thin. For 15 years I tell them I teach government [and history] and could you send me some 2nd Amendment info. The message is never conveyed, I never receive a thing. Just a test of the NRA communications, I am versed enough in gun rights and the 2nd. It is fun to make the strongest 2nd Amendment supporters take the opposition on school debates "know thy enemy" MT is not very anti... some kids suggest a safety test/license. That is the most "radical" we hear. Nice eh?

However, last year a life friend who is a life NRA found an offer for lifetime membership for joes, so I took it up. I still get the hustling "poll" calls.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Thanks for your service!

If you still want some NRA periodicals/books for your class - I have several I received from them. Would be happy to mail them to you. Maybe they send them out to Lifers - I have been for some 15+ years?

Did you get other periodicals sent to you over there? Always read where such-and-such mag has sent a boat load over. Would hate to think they are geting taken by people in the rear.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
72,484 Posts
discounts with various motels, car rentals, etc.
As to discounts, AAA discounts are usually better. And actually with many hotels, the senior or over 50 or the mature discounts are better than the AAA ones.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
As to discounts, AAA discounts are usually better. And actually with many hotels, the senior or over 50 or the mature discounts are better than the AAA ones.
Yeah, I'm a member of "AAA" as well, mostly for my family members.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
i guess when you are a dedicated freeloader nothing is good enough. :rolleyes:
Are you calling servicemen and women freeloaders?

Why not show them the respect they deserve and give them something more than $35.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Mouseboy - what have you ever done for a vet? Get real.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Hey Chester - Why have you been so calm and polite lately? Really miss your ornery Aussie postings (seriously). Drinking more beer? New woman on the side?

·
Gold Bulllet Member
3,959 Posts
Hey Chester - Why have you been so calm and polite lately? Really miss your ornery Aussie postings (seriously). Drinking more beer? New woman on the side?
Tom' No (no such luck buddy;-) nuthin like that' I have had the same old squaw for a lotta years and its too late now to start straying' The Wimminz always pick up on these things' Just ask me how i know.
I am now down to one tallie of Guinness a night and am feeling much better for it' hope i did not leave it too late to get off the spirits' I am a regular at our local A.A's' Alcoholism is not fussy who it drags down ya know.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Mouseboy - what have you ever done for a vet? Get real.
Don't change the subject.

Why can't they make it longer than 1 year?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts