Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nepalese Francotte is missing the split pin that holds inside in, and the trigger spring is broken. I was wondering if the Martini Henery breech block pin and trigger spring would work as replacements.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the pin I need is the one that goes through the receiver that holds all the works insde. I'll call IMA to see what I can get or make something that may work. The trigger spring looks the same as the one for the MH. Oh, Rich, how 'bout them 'eers!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Francotte trigger spring is longer than for the British MH's and the British MH trigger spring will not work. I bought one from IMH and that is how I found out. I was able to make a workable replacement from the end of an old hacksaw blade. I had to drill the hacksaw blade hole out a bit (after annealing) and ground the spring to shape on my bench grinder. I used the broken end of the original spring as a washer since the hacksaw steel is a bit too thin for the new spring to be held tightly by the original trigger spring screw in the blind tapped screw hole. There are lots of references on the web on how to create a spring from steel like that in a hacksaw blade using a propane torch for the heat treatment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts