Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Damned if I can find it now, but I thought there was a site that showed the increments for the rear sights on FR-7's & FR-8's. But I believe the open, v-notch on the rear sight is for 100m. I've been shooting that setting on mine and it's darn accurate at 100 yards.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I cannot use the V so I have the front sight adjusted to make the 200m aperture a 100m setting.

·
Copper Bullet member
980 Posts
I cannot use the V so I have the front sight adjusted to make the 200m aperture a 100m setting.
Peeps make the target much clearer than notch sights. I showed an older friend of mine that's having aging problems with his eyes my vintage Redfield peep sight that's currently mounted on my 1951 Model 70 Winchester 30.06, and he couldn't believe the difference it made in his sight picture. Things you can't see clearly with both eyes can be seen very clearly with a peep.
Michael

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ayup ... presbyopia has transformed me from an excellent over-irons marksman into a someone who really needs aperture sights with a wide front blade and a "good day" with "good light" to do even half-well ... <sigh>

;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.