Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the configuration of the FR-8 rear sights?
A picture w/ the yardage or meters for each sight on the wheel will help as I
have to sight-in the rifle at 100M.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Damned if I can find it now, but I thought there was a site that showed the increments for the rear sights on FR-7's & FR-8's. But I believe the open, v-notch on the rear sight is for 100m. I've been shooting that setting on mine and it's darn accurate at 100 yards.

·
Copper Bullet member
980 Posts
Since they aren't marked on the FR8, like they are on the Cetme, I find it easier for me to just look at how high up they are on the sight disc. The highest one being 400m. They are configured in an odd order, it seems to me.
Michael

·
Registered
320 Posts
I cannot use the V so I have the front sight adjusted to make the 200m aperture a 100m setting.

·
Copper Bullet member
980 Posts
I cannot use the V so I have the front sight adjusted to make the 200m aperture a 100m setting.
Peeps make the target much clearer than notch sights. I showed an older friend of mine that's having aging problems with his eyes my vintage Redfield peep sight that's currently mounted on my 1951 Model 70 Winchester 30.06, and he couldn't believe the difference it made in his sight picture. Things you can't see clearly with both eyes can be seen very clearly with a peep.
Michael

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ayup ... presbyopia has transformed me from an excellent over-irons marksman into a someone who really needs aperture sights with a wide front blade and a "good day" with "good light" to do even half-well ... <sigh>

;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts