Gunboards Forums banner

Fox News Judge Jeanine on gun control

4K views 86 replies 18 participants last post by  4816 
Posted this elsewhere, but maybe should be here -

Here come the Judge!

I think most of us here feel the exact same way. Good to hear it said on network TV!
She was the Westchester County DA and one tough Judge ,[That's adjacent to NYC]. She ran for AG of New York against Killer Cuomo who advertised himself as a "non Practicing Attorney" !!!!! Her husband pulled a bunch of stunts while she was campaigning and filed for divorce, I believe. That doomed her and the dumb basta*rds of NY State voted for a "Non Practicing Attorney" for their AG !!!!! He had daddy's name and lots of money and went on to become the Governor who killed 11,000 people and got an Emmy for it. She was no friend to people who broke the law , with regard to guns , but if you followed the law, you were OK. The problem with NY is there are so many stupid laws , having a gun is a liability , especially a hand gun. I grew up in Westchester County . I left as soon as I could.
By the way, the Term "Assault Weapon" was one cooked up by Roos and Roberti when they pushed through the ASW bill in Commiefornia back in 1989 . Before then they were "Semi Automatic versions of Military Rifles" . Don't say "Assault Weapon" and don't say "Weapon " either. Say rifle, or pistol or shotgun . Don't cater to these extremists !!

The legal and illegal ones are intermingled. And then there is the matter of constant replenishment of illegal guns from the world of legal guns, and law-abiding citizens.

Think commercial air travel. In order to make it harder (hopefully much much harder) for terrorists to take over aircraft, millions of law abiding travelers accept heightened scrutiny.

Long story short there's no way to put a serious dent in the supply of illegal guns without changing the rules that legal gun owners do follow.
OH, Please, not that crap again !!

Take Chicago for example. Everyone beats on Chicago, and why not? When they trace illegal guns, a bunch come from the suburbs where they were legally purchased. It's not hard to imagine what is going on there, and no it's not an epidemic of burglaries. But Illinois has no state law requiring the reporting of lost or stolen guns, and so consequently that fruitful path is unimpeded.
You need some serious re-education !!!

Gonna put me in a camp for that purpose?

People have an emotional reaction to my observation, but only Webley One at least kept his head when replying, didn't run with feelings.

If there was an easy solution to illegal guns in America, one that didn't hit the taxpayers or legal gun owners somehow, then surely somewhere it would be in use, so the rest of us could point and see. The fact is, there is not, and pretending this is not the case is indulging in fantasy.

It comes down to cost, one way or another.
What is an "Illegal gun" ????? In NYC it's any unregistered handgun or any AR or AK and probably many more. In Mass of 2 Sh*ts it's a BB gun that wasn't registered. In NJ it's a gun in your trunk , unloaded that was being moved to your new home , and you didn't tell the local Gestapo , you were moving it !!!! It goes on with all the stupid laws Dumb Rats come up with to "Prevent " crime. Nothing in the 2nd amendment says anything about "Illegal Guns". You sound like one of those Dumb Rat City Cops who think only the police and the military should have guns . The fact is the only guns that are "Illegal" are the ones in the minds of the Gun Control Mob !!!!! Making up more stupid unenforced laws does nothing but make criminals out of ordinary citizens and does nothing to deter crime. THAT IS A FACT , THE ONLY FACT !!!!

Well then you know how legal guns end up in illegal hands. Through burglary, other forms of theft, or a chain of FTF sales with no paper trail required. Believe it or not, there are people willing to pay above retail for the convenience/privacy of not filling out a 4473.

And former Chicago residents are the problem? Or their guns?
AGAIN , What constitutes an "Illegal Gun " ??? In Arizona , it's one possessed by a Prohibited Possessor or one that was stolen . In Chicago and many other Dumb Rat owned towns or states, it's a citizen who has tried repeatedly to get some stupid permit to have a gun, and was turned down because "They didn't have a good reason", and so bought one on the street , to protect themselves and their family. The answer to stopping the proliferation of "Illegal Guns" is to get rid of the punishing and impossible laws that have been enacted to restrict the 2nd Amendment rights of every day citizens and let them buy ,own and carry a gun . You arm the people and you'll see crime go down. Cops are usually 1 per 5000 residents . They almost always show up after the crime and just clean up the mess and try to sort out what happened and if there was a crime . That means you're dead and the perp is gone . The statistic on solved murders is very low . Arm the people who want to be armed and reduce crime. That's the way to REDUCE Illegal Guns !!!

. Things don't improve with added regulation. If that is not evident to you, then that is a whole other discussion to have and its a complex one.
Reminds me of Einstein's statement "Doing the same thing over and expecting different results ,is the definition of INSANITY" !!! Adding more layers on top of Laws that aren't working is even worse .

Fair point.

But nobody wants to go big, with a national registry and tight records kept on all transactions, that would make legal gun owners think twice about undocumented sales.

So we're stuck with smaller measures and smaller results. How about...Illinois passes a law requiring reporting of lost/stolen weapons so that the serial "losers" of firearms in the Chicago suburbs stick out a bit brighter.
Anyone who has had a gun stolen , already reports that to the Police if they know about it !!!!! Making a "law " to require that , only trips up someone who owns a gun but puts it away and never uses, or shoots it and basically forgets about it until some COP shows up and arrests him for 'Not Reporting His Gun Stolen" !!! That's the crap that goes on in NYC and it's a LAW to "punish people who INSIST on having a gun in their home for protection" . If you don't understand that, you're hopelessly compromised !!!! It's just another STUPID LAW that punishes people for owning a gun. Is that what you really want ??

@GUNBB

Don't like replying to you in general because you can't post without using argumentative language and name-calling.

But dissect your own analysis of a mandatory loss/theft reporting law. See the flaw:

Ethical gun owners who are on-the-ball report that loss/theft, maybe for the insurance, but also because it's the right thing to do. Such a reporting law places no additional burden on responsible gun owners.. Who does get bit? People who are irresponsible, carelessly losing track of firearms, or worse, dealing them illegally.

So here a law is proposed that places no real burden on responsible gun owners, targets irresponsible behavior, and you can't abide it.

Might as well just admit you want no laws whatsoever and at least be honest about it.
YOU ARE A BIG CITY COP, it shows !!!!! Now you're separating gun owners into groups . There are "responsible gun owners and irresponsible gun owners", and you get to say who's who !!!!! YOU are the problem in this country with your failed mentality that more laws are needed to fix every problem . No where in the 2nd Amendment is there language defining 'responsible Gun Owners" nor anything other than "The People " , which includes all of us . Your zeal to define all of us into your little groups is what's known as Tyranny . You are the problem and never will be the solution.

Where did I say I wanted restrictions?

Read the threads again.

If you have an engineering background, then you know that there is no such thing in nature as the perfect filter, that takes out 100% of what is bad, and more importantly, leaves what is desirable completely untouched in the process. There is always some inefficiency. And in our world, what is more inefficient than government, which includes law enforcement?

I stand by my reply to the original quote. The burden is on others to show how to go after illegal guns while leaving honest people alone. I believe it to be impossible, but will entertain an argument to the contrary.
The problem with you is, you keep using the words "Illegal Guns" . As I pointed out that's a term that has a thousand different meanings depending on what jail, or free state you live in !!! The simple fact is most so called "Illegal Guns" used to be legal until people like you maybe, decided that people like me, shouldn't have them so the created some onerous law to ban them . Your comments are so full of holes , they make no sense . Tell us where you live and what you do and maybe that would help .

Amazing how easily these new gun people are so willing to give up their rights / freedoms just because some jackass politico says it will be better. The answer to crime control does not lie in making new laws . It lies in ENFORCING EXISTING laws . Like I said, the number of people denied on 4473's vs the number charged with a crime, [it is a crime], and even worse the tiny number convicted, is an example that more laws do not deter crime because few are enforced !!! More guns in the hands of honest citizens, is a much better crime control answer . Stop being led around by your nose by politicians who care nothing for you or your safety but just for themselves and their photo op.,

Not a crime to be denied on 4473, though it is to lie in response to questions thereon.
Well the only reason you'd be denied is because you lied . If you checked any thing other than "NO", except for 'Are you the buyer" , the FFL would tell you you can't buy the gun. At least that's been my experience.

I just bought 6 rifles from a person without any paperwork signed sealed delivered or actual money exchanged and it wasn't even at a gun show. Just the ole gun trade. No questions from the seller about my mental state or criminal back ground. Could have included pistols or what have you.

You'll never be able to stop that.
That's because you live in a state that still believes in the 2nd Amendment. No where in the 2nd Amendment does it set rules for qualifying anyone other than the statement, "The People". Up until a few years ago, even Commiefornia allowed the transfer of C&R long guns between individuals . Thinking you're going to control crime by making more laws ,is the ultimate sign of insanity. Criminals, by the nature of that label, don't obey any laws. The stupidity of trying to control crime by controlling guns, leads to people being arrested for not securing their gun from a burglar , as what goes on in NYC. Used to be, you could sell your gun to your neighbor . Now they want everyone on record , for how many guns they bought , when they bought them,[frequency] , and where they live and even what race and ethnicity they are !!! Fight this all the way or get put in jail for not securing your guns from burglars, thieves , and muggers !!

Not strictly true, though I will be the first to point out I am no legal expert and did only shallow internet research to arrive at that conclusion.

It is also common to be denied due to the ambiguity of similar names - I always add my SSN because of that, even though its not required.

I was referring to the 4473 only . I'm sure states have more onerous laws . My experience has been similar names end up with a delay . Even the addition of an SS number, doesn't change that.

Which begs the question; How secure is secure? A safe? A gun cabinet? A lock with wire that can be cut easily? If a person has a gun for safety you certainly don't want to run to your safe when your life is in imminent danger. If your not home and get burgled sure it is wise to have a good safe to secure other weapons you do not carry with you.
Should the government be able to force a person to buy an expensive safe? Most gun cabinets really offer minimal security.

Also if a gun did get stolen would you risk telling the police that gun got stolen and risk fines or jail time?
The issue was "Onerous Laws" that impact honest people and do nothing to prevent crime. Requiring someone to secure all their guns is onerous and defeats the purpose of self defense. In their pickled brains, these politicos determine that any "Weapons" [, I hate that term to describe guns], should be used for sporting purposes only and therefore when not in use, be "secured". I don't know anyone who owns a gun and thinks like that !! I have guns all over my house but they are the usual , easily replaced ones. Since I live where there is no stupid law punishing a gun owner for not securing his guns, yes , I would inform the police. I specifically chose to live in a state that is a free state , when I retired. So I have no fear of stupid laws ever making it.
On your trade or buy of 6 guns, it seems you're disturbed that you didn't have to jump through some hoops to get them. So why did you buy them ??

. I was just saying IF i lived in CA or anyone else, why would thay tell police a gun was stolen that was not properly secured and risk jail time.
I don't know if Commiefornia would punish you for not securing your GUN. The stupid part of Commiefornia is that local cities can and do exceed state law so you should check where you live . I used to live in Ventura County and was personal friends with the sheriff and many of those in command as well as in the patrol cars. I even had a CCW. I had guns stolen at shows and reported them all. Never came back at me. Thing is, when you buy a handgun in Commiefornia, they send all the info on the gun , up to Sacramento and so from that day forward , "You're Married to the gun". So you might as well report it. They already know you own it. That's why we bought a bunch of guns before the law went into effect, [all transfers had to go through an FFL] , and those we sold and traded without notifying anyone about anything. Sad that the creep of tyranny is coming and it's a matter of time before the Democrats get their gun control laws on the books.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.