Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little problem with reassembling a 20 Ga. Fox BSE Series H receiver; each cocking lever has a spring at the rear of the lever and it's not apparent what the spring(s) connect to. The Gun Digest exploded view (Part #50) doesn't provide that detail. Can anyone who has worked on a Series H provide some insight?

Thanks for any assistance.

Lou Vita

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
From what I could tell from a couple of disassembly guides, Gun Digest Shotguns and NRA for the Fox BSE and Stevens 311, the springs just push on the bottom inside of the frame. I can't be sure because there aren't any directions beyond disassembly which just say to take them out and be careful not to deform them.

Also, you will, apparently, need to make a tool to reinstall the hammers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan:

The Stevens 311 internals appear to be different than the BSE Series H internals and the exploded view doesn't show the orientation of the cocking lever springs.

Thanks for the lead, though.

Lou Vita

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JJK308:
Your findings match mine - no detailed assembly instructions out there. And to make matters worse, I ordered the NRA Guide For Shotguns And Rifles just knowing that the Guide must have the assembly covered in detail. Installation of the hammers was done using brass punch chucked into a drill press (for leverage), pressing against the head of a 1/4 - 20 brass bolt resting against the back of the hammer. I'm going to try to route the springs under (rather than over) the sear pin to trap the springs against the bottom of the frame.

Thanks for your input.

Lou Vita

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.