Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Boy Howdy!! Sir Eastbank's luck is in again! It's been many a year (decade) since I've made a big 'W' haul like that. Just by the condition and the presence of those two Standard Grade rifles, I'm willing to bet they were all owned by the same guy.
Very nice treasure there eastbank and I'm also willing to bet you are quite a bit poorer for you're efforts.
Well done!!!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they were all priced pretty good and i got a little better price as i took all four. over the years i have been blessed with the time and resources to aquire some nice firearms. i do worry that at 77 i should have a exit plan, but i have a son thats tighter than a crabs ass and thats water tight. i think he has the first,second, and third dollar he got for mowing the lawn as a kid.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Wow! A 'quad'! Great score! Even couple of them mfg in my birth year! I have a few 94, my favorite just a '37 vintage carbine but in 25-35. Several 64 models, a 71 from 1938, long tang & 'had' a nice '62 from early postwar as I recall. Like the Mod 71 best! Recall you were even scoring some really nice guns from garage sale. Such, a Walter Mitty fantasy in California Or perhaps nightmare with pesky SWAT teams at the door!
Big congrats and thanks for sharing those nice guns!
Best, Happy Thanksgiving & Stay Safe!
John

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,654 Posts
Nice haul. Friend when I was growing up had a 62 (maybe a 62A, didn't really know about such then, but Winchester slide-action .22 with exposed hammer, so some sort of 62...) that was a right decent gun. My .22 was a Model 77, "clip" version (as apparently about 90% of the production was), and I liked it just fine (then and now, as I still have it and it makes a fine plinker).

I suspect my artificial shoulder wouldn't like a .348 much, but that 71 is sure a nice gun.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Those are nice additions to the gunroom for sure. Can I please get the serial number of the Model 1892 so that I can add it into my research survey I am working on? I am happy to answer any question you might have.

Thanks so much
Michael

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Nice rifles, yep that 71 is your peach out of that lot. $$$$ in today's market.I bought one in early 90's ,1947 Non deluxe 98% close to mint as your going to get paid $750 .
Recoil is not bad no worse than 30-06
I don't reload so ammo was crazy expensive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.