Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was browsing a local firearms classifieds and found this listed for $200. Basically said it cane with an unopened spam can and what's left of a second and I could see the bayonet in the picture. Just from that I knew I couldn't pass it up. Everything you see in the picture is what I got for $200 and a 40 minute drive.

The darker stock is original, but no hand guard. There are 340 rounds in the opened can and 100 round of PPU soft point brass.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lighter stock isn't original to the rifle according to the guy I bought it from. The darker stock that's pictured is. I think he got the lighter stock because he planned on cutting the spot for the bent bolt handle our maybe just liked it. But I didn't ask his specifically, he just said the dark one was the original.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Full sling escutcheons and 43 Izhevsk aren't usually used in the same sentence either, but odds are the rifle IS a refurb, and at that time got whatever stock and handguard that was closest to the Armorer's workstation and wasn't broken at the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.