Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went with my niece to pick up her NIB tupperware 9 mm at the LGS/pawn shop in our rural town. It's what she wanted in an upgrade from her .380. It just reminds me how much I like an all steel gun.
But...on the shelf was a box of Norinco green box. In my out-of-the-way town, to pay for 9x18 Mak across the counter never happens. And a classic to boot. Gave $14 for it. Can't wait for the freakin' weather to warm up, so the guys in the bay next door at the range, get a whiff of what I'm shooten'.
:laugh:
Green
Ammunition Bullet Copper Circuit component Gun accessory

·
Silver Bullet member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice find, that's some good ammo, i shot a lot of back in the day, that's pretty new ammo (93) is manufacturing date. None been imported for a while.
New to you, you ol' Makarov collector :). To me it's 23 year-old non common. I'll save the box and 7 rounds in a magazine to go in my Chicom type 59 area. I never had the pleasure of shooting any, but from what I've read in archives, it tends to stink and smoke. Is that right? I'm happy like its my birthday.

·
Administrator
4,923 Posts
Yeah seems like most of what we got back then was from the 80's, It does have a different aroma and maybe a little more smoke and sparks. It didn't shoot as well as the old green box LVE and was a little more costly. We were paying 95$/thousand shipped for the LVE and the norinco was about 10-15$ higher. Did you ask if they had the gun that went with the ammo laying around, you never know what they might have hidden away.

·
Silver Bullet member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This place is cool. Lots of traffic through the shop. Way, way ,way better than the box stores. Kinda like the post office where everybody gathered. It's like that, being outside the municipalities (you know). Not junk, lots of good stuff...fishin' gear, tools, guns, coins, boat motors...I've seen them have FEGs, Radoms and a Bulgy, once, overpriced, but they turn them. I let him (one of the owners) know I'd be interested in older imported or service 9x18 ammo if he saw any at a gun show, at a fair price. The PM is so darn much fun to shoot. But, nobody wants to be on my right when I'm goin' hot.
I'm talking to the choir, here. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.