Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into my LGS last week to see what was new, and had 900 dollars in my pocket from selling an AR-15.

On the wall, wearing an ugly thumbhiole buttatock was a FAL. Asked to look at it and found it was a like new Springfield imported Brazilian made rifle. Looked to be unfired, or fired very little. Was told that it also came with the original box, paperwork and replacement factory buttstock, grip and hand guards. Sure enough, it was all there in a bag in the box. Was also tols that it came with 10 magazines.

Short story i bought it, now waiting in the 10 business day waiting period.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You bought that for $900? If so you Stole it! There's one now just like that on the Falfiles for $2600 I believe it was. Thats a little high but he ll get approx $2K for it

You can easily swap out the butthole stock and muzzle device if you wanted it to look like the majestic FAL that it is !

You;ll want to get a $15 buttstock removal tool or the big spring in there will shoot out like a bullet and embed itself into whatever it was pointed at and its very difficult to get the new one back on without it. If it were mine, Id do that and just save the old stuff. Just pick up a buttstock, PG and Imbel 9/16 LH muzzle device and you are good to go.

If you want to make a quick $500 I'll pay your $1400 for it right now....

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You bought that for $900? If so you Stole it! There's one now just like that on the Falfiles for $2600 I believe it was. Thats a little high but he ll get approx $2K for it

You can easily swap out the butthole stock and muzzle device if you wanted it to look like the majestic FAL that it is !

You;ll want to get a $15 buttstock removal tool or the big spring in there will shoot out like a bullet and embed itself into whatever it was pointed at and its very difficult to get the new one back on without it. If it were mine, Id do that and just save the old stuff. Just pick up a buttstock, PG and Imbel 9/16 LH muzzle device and you are good to go.

If you want to make a quick $500 I'll pay your $1400 for it right now....
Big clarification needed here, sorry folks, I forgot to go deeper.

The rifle and everything else was a total of 1700 dollars, which included what you see above plus 10 NOS magazines.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10 day waiting period? Where are you?
Washington State. 10 business day waiting period for all semiauto rifles, including the dreaded deadly .22LR.

Passed as an 'assault rifle' bill.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

All new sock, habdguard, PG et cetera were included with the rifle, sold back then as accurizing kit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not totally sure, but I think I like the stock. Kinda modernizes the profile and makes it stand out. You gonna sell it?

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any take off parts will stay with the rifle, put 'em in a baggie and then store in the box.
two days to go until I pick it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts