Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up another Israeli issue FN Hi Power over the weekend. Usually when I have found these they have been cleaned up and the yellow tape that was often used on these and bar codes on the triggerguard have been removed. In this case other than the import stamp the gun is as issued in Israel. From what I gather the yellow tape was on guns used by plain clothes agents so that troops or other security operatives would know they were friendlies... An NV code tells me this gun was made in 1995. Internally she looks great, but on the outside you can tell she was carried alot.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,811 Posts
I got 2 unrefinished ones a bit ago. One had the tape and paint, the other did not. I think the markings were not always used, or were switched on occasion.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Those are blaze markings to designate friendlies in plain clothes. Recall the substantial number of non-Jewish Israelis who otherwise serve Israel. A good example of this would be the Israeli Border Police who are more often than not made up of Druze. I have an example with dark red finger nail type paint on the slide.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
74,955 Posts
The problem with that is the fact that most of the recent ones are not importable if they were military issue. Only police issued ones are importable.

So many of the possible examples are not available for inspection. Blake Steven's book on the Hi Power shows the crests used on a number of contracts, but the pistols have never been imported. (He has Access to FN's records.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.