Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mosin that I love to shoot ,because it is very accurate I did not know anything about Mosins and described the rifle on this forum and asked what model it is , and Vic retorted with a very lengthy reply ," 28/30" . Well, after being directed to the Mosin site, I am quite a bit less stupid now. Anyway, I have acquired three more 28/30's this year by beginner's luck and not skill. My son finally dug the Mosin he has had in his closet for twenty years out and gave it to me. It is a 1936 28/30, no import marks. Receiver, bolt and stock match. There is "SYS" deeply impressed into the right hand finger groove. It is missing the mouse trap spring, and if anyone can inform me where I can acquire one, it will be much appreciated. How does one post pictures on this new format?

·
Diamond Member
1,673 Posts
Hag, I appreciate your candor in describing your lack of some knowledge about the M28-30.

I find people who can self deprecate to be some of the more intelligent people who inhabit this planet, and almost universally enjoy their company. Ignorance of knowledge is always a curable condition. Stupidity, in my experience is seldom reversible.

I wish you much more "beginners luck" in your future search for many fine Finns.

My grandmother once told me she had produced two children before she understood how it was done, and she called herself stupid. I told her she certainly was not stupid by any measure I understood, maybe a little ignorant, but sex education was non existent in the US in the early 1900s.

regards
badger

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Congrats Hag. I wish I would have had some beginners luck when I started collecting.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
28/30

Keep finding em! I have managed to acquire only one =+), but for now that is enough as the price folks are getting for these is more than I want to pay to buy more =+)
They are one of the more interesting & fun to shoot MN's.

Pahtu.

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
It should have SYT stamped into the stock. Not SYS.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Okay, I give up. What is a M28/30? Is it Finnish? If it is, then what does the 28 look like? Also which Russian Mosin is it based on? That's all the stupid questions I can think of for now.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Hey guys-for more info go to the mother site of this discussion board and check out the articles there for in depth pictures and info of the Finnish rifle series. The local for the info is:

www.mosinnagant.net

To post pictures try hitting the FAQ button on the top of the forum boards that explains how to use the features and functions of this system ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Beginners luck

Yes some have beginners luck ,however there is still no substitute for getting out there & beating the bushes. You have to go find these treasures . The good fairy isn,t going to put them under your pillow.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nice "find" Tom! Let me know when you're going to the range. I still need to try that ammo you loaded for me in my lone 28/30!

p.s. To add pics, click on the Manage Attachments button below the post window in the "Additional Options" section. Then click "Browse" and go find your pic on your hard drive. It's pretty simple.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts