Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't normally find that my photography hobby has a lot in common at least on a collecting level with my firearms and militaria interests, but then this came up for sale on the Pentax forum of all places and I almost fell off the wagon again, thankfully I have my collecting "habit" under control.
Link is to the info page the guy made on it and not to the ad itself as I forget if that would break rules:
http://www.aohc.it/selart17e.htm

I am a Pentax camera person which was at one point in its past known as and owned by Asahi Optical Company, and so when I saw the exact same triangle AOCo logo used all the way up to almost 1980 that you probably saw on the top of a K1000 camera if you took a high school darkroom camera class even today, all I could think was COOL! especially considering this was made several years before they even started producing cameras and only a few years after the company changed to that name format. I gather anything by AOCo is an oddball for war relics so I just thought it interesting enough to share.
I would so own this thing if I wasn't both poor and over the addiction known as collecting (I think).

·
Gold Bullet Member
641 Posts
I have one of those, they pop up on fleabay often , about six months ago I saw a nice one go for $500 {periscope and case} usually they go for more. I had a collection of these from a dozen different countries but I am down to a Russian and Japanese one now, they are interesting .

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,662 Posts
It's nice to hear that someone has their collecting habit in 'control'. Every time I say that to my wife something shows up that I cannot resist which will fills some void in my collection. Congratulations on being able to resist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.