Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Thank you all, I appreciate it. Plus there were some good jokes here! Sorry it took so long to get back but doing college online really takes it out on you! It will be interesting because I use both the mobile platform and my laptop and there is pros and cons to both. I do however prefer the laptop for reading really long and in depth threads.

I think i'd like to print out some threads for safe-keeping; how is that done?

Thank you all, I appreciate it. Plus there were some good jokes here! Sorry it took so long to get back but doing college online really takes it out on you! It will be interesting because I use both the mobile platform and my laptop and there is pros and cons to both. I do however prefer the laptop for reading really long and in depth threads.

I think i'd like to print out some threads for safe-keeping; how is that done?
Go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the 1st post in the thread. You will see "Show Printable Version"
Click that and then print.

Heya guys,

Please check out this thread with any questions about the new format.

You can also check out our frequently asked questions here:

Jeff M

RE; Updates: And for the ads in the middle of the threads (I think it's every 3rd post)...you have the option of paying 20-bucks a year...and you won't see so many.
Screw paying $20.....just go somewhere else altogether where you don't have to put up with them

Screw paying $20.....just go somewhere else altogether where you don't have to put up with them
Just put an ad blocker on your browser. It takes 3 minutes and no more ads (most everywhere on the internet).

Well it looks to me like this up grade was to make it more accessable to the many different
"social media" users via their phones. I suppose the further reading at the bottom of the post is for those people too lazy to use the search function and do their own research. Eerything is way too busy on the right hand side and full of semi useless information. I can no longer readily see how old a post is or how mant replies it has had. There is way too much vacant white back ground and those of us that suffer from "whiteout" due to blue light tire quickly. I find my self spending much less time reading and not staying on the forum very long. I also have a hard time finding the end of the stickys and the beginning of the new post. Perhaps a differnt shade of back gound gor the stickies would help. A shade of glight gray for an over all background would help those of use ith sight disabilities such as cataracts and light sensitivity because of eye surgery.
Dan

Well it looks to me like this up grade was to make it more accessable to the many different
"social media" users via their phones. I suppose the further reading at the bottom of the post is for those people too lazy to use the search function and do their own research. Everything is way too busy on the right hand side and full of semi useless information. I can no longer readily see how old a post is or how mant replies it has had. There is way too much vacant white back ground and those of us that suffer from "whiteout" due to blue light tire quickly. I find my self spending much less time reading and not staying on the forum very long. I also have a hard time finding the end of the stickys and the beginning of the new post. Perhaps a differnt shade of back gound gor the stickies would help. A shade of glight gray for an over all background would help those of use ith sight disabilities such as cataracts and light sensitivity because of eye surgery.
Dan
I see there is no way to correct my post after it is submitted except by doing a reply to post. So if I wanted to add pictures a day or two later I guess i have to start another post. What a pain in the a$$.
Dan

I see there is no way to correct my post after it is submitted except by doing a reply to post. So if I wanted to add pictures a day or two later I guess i have to start another post. What a pain in the a$$.
Dan
You can edit.

This part is done with edting. Click the three verticle dots in the upper right corner of the individual post, not the ones at the top of the Gun Boards page or top of the browser and a menu showing "edit" appears. After picking edit, it still has the paper clip icon to attach an image.

BTW - I read something about unlimited edits in the first 24 hours, but a limit of 10 or so per week on older posts.

You can edit.

This part is done with edting. Click the three verticle dots in the upper right corner of the individual post, not the ones at the top of the Gun Boards page or top of the browser and a menu showing "edit" appears. After picking edit, it still has the paper clip icon to attach an image.

BTW - I read something about unlimited edits in the first 24 hours, but a limit of 10 or so per week on older posts.

View attachment 3744716
OK, I see that. Man they don't make it easy for us do they?
Dan

There was nothing wrong with the old format, this looks very cheap by comparison, historically people hate change then grow accustomed, but the way forums have been dying a slow death over the last decade it wasn't a smart movie IMO.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.