Gunboards Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Author Topic
kfields (and ratified by current membership and moderators 03man and BradB)
First Posted - 08/29/2003 : 2:02:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys. Just some basic etiquette rules:
1) No Wanted To Buy (WTB) Wanted To Sell (WTS) Or Wanted To Trade (WTT) Ads Are Allowed. PLease use the Trader for such postings.
2) No flames or personal attacks will be tolerated. Posts that either attack or flame will be deleted and the IP of the poster noted. If it is noticed that one poster is causing problems this poster will be banned from posting for one week. Second offense results in the loss of posting rights for good.
3) You do not have to register but it is recommended as it allows you to upload files (picture files for free!) as well as access some features not available to guest posters.
4) Please do not use foul language. If the use of foul language is noticed the entire posting will be deleted. KEEP IT CLEAN!
5) Do not answer or praise yourself with false handles or nicknames. This is noted when it happens and is frowned upon by Gunboards.Com.
6) Do not post links to ongoing auctions. You may post links to auctions that are completed but no mention or promoting of ongoing auction items are allowed.
6A) NO LISTINGS OR LINKS TO COMMERIAL SALES
One may not post links or information on sales to non sponsors of Gunboards.com.
7) Treat others with the same respect you expect to receive from others.
7a) The war is over...there is no longer any need to pepper your posts with any of the WW2 era derogatory slang terms used for Japanese soldiers.
Enjoy and thanks from your Moderators

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a note to add to the basic etiquette, I know the word Jap is common in this field of collecting, and in most cases when refering to the guns, flags, helmets ect...its just a abbreviation. But when applied to people such as soldier who got his head mounted on the pole as I read earlier its offensive to hear to people of Japanese ancestry. I understand the word "Jap" was commonly used during the war to refer to the enemy, but it was also used on Japanese Americans during that same time. Most Japanese Americans regard the work "Jap" like African Americans regard the "N" word. I'm not going get on anyones case for the use of this word,just want to let you know that a little consideration will be appreciated. Thanks Okha

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.