Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky to find this specimen - it was somewhat mislabeled on broker... Seems only two or three people identified it. I was happy to pick it up for less than some have been advertised for. Thanks to my friend who originally found it and pointed it out!

Looks to have been through a refurb process at some point, however it is a nice example and I am glad to add it to my collection of Romanian oddities! :)

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,190 Posts
On June 28 I bought an unscrubbed King Carol crest VZ24 rifle from a gun store in NH. UPS "lost" it on on July 10 when it was supposed to be “out for delivery” (by a substitute driver) but was never delivered. On July 20 UPS said “claim issued”, indicating they were going to refund something to the shipper.

The gun store gave me a full refund later.

Watch out for the s/n CR24148; this rifle is stolen.

I will just have to make do with my partially scrubbed crest rifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man that is unfortunate. If I ever see another I’ll make sure and check back here for that s/n.

I also have one INSTRUCTIE and one another INSTRUCTIE in the works.

Now to just find a Michael.

·
15,190 Posts
Man that is unfortunate. If I ever see another I’ll make sure and check back here for that s/n.

I also have one INSTRUCTIE and one another INSTRUCTIE in the works.

Now to just find a Michael.
Here's an 'almost' King Michael:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
On June 28 I bought an unscrubbed King Carol crest VZ24 rifle from a gun store in NH. UPS "lost" it on on July 10 when it was supposed to be “out for delivery” (by a substitute driver) but was never delivered. On July 20 UPS said “claim issued”, indicating they were going to refund something to the shipper.

So if someone did end up with that rifle and did a forum search on that model they would see that it is stolen and know to keep their mouth shut thanks to your spamming. You would have been better off just watching and waiting.

·
15,190 Posts
So if someone did end up with that rifle and did a forum search on that model they would see that it is stolen and know to keep their mouth shut thanks to your spamming. You would have been better off just watching and waiting.
I prefer to have a number of collectors aware, watching, and waiting.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,841 Posts
Back on track.

Very nice rifle, ouvarminthunter, congratulations! Nice of your friend to give you a heads-up on it.

Pat

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

Terrible. I've had a couple of shipments which were smashed in transit including a very scarce KNIL engineer's carbine, but so far none went totally missing. (I mean guns; that's not counting a few books and DVD's I ordered which did get lost.)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I was lucky to find this specimen - it was somewhat mislabeled on broker... Seems only two or three people identified it. I was happy to pick it up for less than some have been advertised for. Thanks to my friend who originally found it and pointed it out!

Looks to have been through a refurb process at some point, however it is a nice example and I am glad to add it to my collection of Romanian oddities! :)
You are very lucky.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
There is not matching bolt, that was reserialed by refurbishment, the end of bolt -lock is mostly polish production. The Vz.23 buttstock was reserialed. b.r.Andy

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,749 Posts
Very nice crest! With every serialized part having a different font it’s remarkable that the crest survived the refurbishments. Congratulations on the score, I’d be very pleased to have it!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is not matching bolt, that was reserialed by refurbishment, the end of bolt -lock is mostly polish production. The Vz.23 buttstock was reserialed. b.r.Andy

Yes, I figured it was "forced matched" during refurbishment. Do you know if any other countries refurbished these? I am surprised the crest would have survived through a Romanian refurbishment since Ceaușescu wanted any reference to old Romanian governments erased.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Teoretically germans? or other country the romanian rifle was made in ZB Povazska Bystrica in 1940, various parts there are reserialed, teoretically postwar yugo? Strange is the VZ.23 stock with added side lower sling and old remained there. Firing pin could be too from Vz.23 rifle. Bolt body from different romanian? b.r.Andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts