Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Before I ask any unnecessary questions of you all I'd first like to do some research about bayonets. In the past I've had great success on a UK based site with a title like "old smith" or "smithy" etc. It's operated by a gentleman by the name of Carl. If anyone could refresh my memory and post a link to that site I'd be very happy.

Thanks,
Dana

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks times two ! With the bolt action rifles being my primary collection it surprises me each and every time I come back with a bayonet.

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
In a way it is the same with me...

I started collecting swords and bayonets. As most of my bayonets were mauser bayonets I needed a mauser to fix them on. Of course i needed a few types of Mausers to fit the different mounts and muzzle rings. Now I often come home with a bolt action rifle instead of a few bayonets...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many ways to collect

It sounds like our collections hobbies are exactly reversed, funny and interesting. I'm just happy to be learning more about different items that are seen for sale and when and what to buy that is a good value, and that betters my collection(s).

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
bayonetcollector , i like your site , its nicely arranged and easy to read ,
note that you have your lable/photo of the M7 and M3A1 scabords in the US section reversed , no big deal but the cutdown M3A1 scabord is the one without the indentations/knotches at the bottom of the throat the M7 has the knotches
sometimes oldsmithy sight gets overrun and has bandwidth problems but he has a lot of great info there

·
Diamond Member
5,524 Posts
Bayonetcollector, thanks for the link to your site, been there a few times. Postcards are always an interesting time capsul. Denny

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Hoi Bayonetcollector, a bit off topic but just saw that one of the Lazarett pictures on your site was taken at "Tauberbischofsheim" (Baden-Württemberg). Will take a look at other writings later on.

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Right ho.

Yes, big commander, you're right. That one has been transcribed/translated already and the mistake corrected on the board version. I'm planning to get the translations on the site soon, I might as well do that when we move the old translations to the new forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts