Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have access to a range with a BIG safety envelope? A friend of mine has a .55boys and a lot of ammo, before you ask, yes, he's a section 5 dealer, and we'd love to find somewhere to go and have a play.

Cheers,
Simon.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
We used to use the old Kynoch test range range near Radnor for .50 and .55, under the aegis of the late Peter Bloom. Don't know if it's still available

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope we can sort something out, that could be a fun day,assuming the shoulder stands up to the battering.

Cheers,
Simon.

·
Registered
14,762 Posts
dig a foxhole and fire the bloody thing standing up. thats what the illustrations show in the handbook!
It's so bloody loud, you don't hear it, you feel it! LOL
Made the mistake of firing one in the prone position, it shoved me back a foot!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Lots of noise but the recoil is not too bad. I shoot of a picnic table and it is quite nice..
It does make a rather distinctive sound, however.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember seeing an old film which i guess was shot about 1940. It showed a Home Guard detachment travelling on the Romney Hythe and Dimchurch light railway up and down the south coast. One of the poor buggers was jammed in a tiny open topped armoured carriage proudly sat behind his .55 Boys. If he ever had to fire it it would probably have crushed his shoulder against the armour plate behind him or may be even thrown him completely out of the carriage.

Cheers,
Simon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts