Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
200 bullets (+ or -, uncounted) loose in the original full commercial box. I "assumed" these are mandrel pulled Swedish surplus bullets. Each has a cannelure groove for crimping/seating in case. They are clean and mirror bright and are in excellent unmutilated condition. Should make decent target reloads. Original company purchase price on box is $45.00, will sell for$30.00, plus $7.00 for USPS Priority Mail shipping. Will fold up original box and include it, if you wish. EDIT NOTES: The dealer "believed" these to Swedish, but this may not be the case after the following measurements: Bullet is lead cored. Bullet Dia.: 0.266(6.5mm). Bullet length: 1.186. Cannelure width: 0.076. Cannelure depth (calculated) 0.016.
The early pre WW1 Swede bullet was similar to these. The Italian 6.5mm was also similar, Hornaday sells a similar copper FMC bullet for $46.00 /100. Country of origin unknown at this point.

Thanks,
Subvet

·
Silver Bullet Member
802 Posts
By any chance, have you mic'ed the diameter? 6.5's come in several diameters. I'm interested if they will fit my Carcano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
200 bullets (+ or -, uncounted) loose in the original full commercial box. I assume these are mandrel pulled Swedish surplus bullets. Each has a cannalure groove for crimping/seating in case. They are clean and mirror bright and are in excellent unmutilated condition. Should make decent target reloads. Original company purchase price on box is $45.00, will sell for$30.00, plus $7.00 for USPS Priority Mail shipping. Will fold up original box and include it, if you wish.
Thanks,
Don't assume they are Swedish unless you have a label stating so. They could be the soft jacketed Danish bullets that are famous for blowing up rifles.
Subvet email:[email protected]
Don't assume they are Swedish unless you have a label stating so. They could be the soft jacketed Danish bullets that are famous for blowing up rifles.
If they are Swedish, I will take them!

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,909 Posts
Since you have the original box, can you post pictures of it and what it says on that box? That might tell us what they really may be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.