Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ammolab. I'm looking at some of this ammo for sale but it's all loose, no boxes. I don't want it unless it's FNM factory loaded and I don't see any primer sealant and the primers are silver colored rather than brass.

Does this look like it's been reloaded? I can't tell from the photo if the crimp has been swaged or not.

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
Silver primers are OK...the one on the right sure looks Swaged. Can you see the anneal on the case neck? This is always visible on FNM ammo..may have been polished if a reload. Bullets on FNM 55gr show a smooth cannelure or you may not see a cannelure much at all at the case neck. Crimp is a taper type and not a collet type crimp.

Here is a group of FNM m193 for you to compare.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
The lack of a seal makes me inclined to think that it has been reloaded. The silver primers should not be cause for concern but the primers on your two cases just don't look like military primers to me (very rounded)..just my 2 cents

·
Silver Bullet Member
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick replies!

I agree that these are most likely reloads, especially after seeing ammolab's pics. I spent a solid hour last night searching online for pics like that!! I appreciate you posting these...THANKS!

Ammolab - may I send your picture (privately) to the seller to let him know what they should look like? He inherited the ammo and really doesn't know the history of it.

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies!

I agree that these are most likely reloads, especially after seeing ammolab's pics. I spent a solid hour last night searching online for pics like that!! I appreciate you posting these...THANKS!

Ammolab - may I send your picture (privately) to the seller to let him know what they should look like? He inherited the ammo and really doesn't know the history of it.
Sure thing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts