Gunboards Forums banner

FN respone to my Moroccan Carbine Inquiry

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  missrosalita37 
#1 ·
A few weeks back I emailed FN hoping they could shed some light on these carbines. Here is there response. I do appreciate them getting back with me. Hopefully we will learn more in the future. The following are the emails. Ed

Fondation Ars Mechanica <fondationarsmechanica@herstalgroup.com>

10:06 AM (11 hours ago)

to me

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message and for your interest in our company’s history.

Unfortunately, we are not able yet to answer the kind of questions you are asking.

A colleague of ours is trying to gather and compile all the possible information in order to publish a book on the subject, but I can’t tell you when it will be available.

Best regards,

Anny Hendriks
Assistant to Robert Sauvage
CEO
Ars Mechanica Foundation
The Herstal Group Foundation
Tel. +32/4/240 8911
Fax +32/4/240 8816
fondationarsmechanica@herstalgroup.com
www.ars-mechanica.com - info@ars-mechanica.com
Registered office : Voie de Liège, 33 - B-4040 Herstal - Belgium
R.P.M. - Liège :0899.807.236
Bank account : Fortis : 001-5607558-64 - IBAN : BE29 0015 6075 5864- Code Swift : GEBABEBB
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disseminate or copy it and inform the sender immediately.

De : Ed Parada [mailto:mauserdad@wildblue.net]
Envoyé : samedi 1 mars 2014 15:06
À : Info FN-Herstal
Objet : Fwd: FN Herstal

I sent this email a few weeks back and have not received a response as to if you can help. Please if you can help and respond. Thank you in advance for any help. Ed

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mauserdad@wildblue.net <mauserdad@wildblue.net>Date: Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Subject: FN Herstal
To: "info@fnherstal.com" <info@fnherstal.com>
Cc: Edmund Parada <mauserdad@wildblue.net>

I am hoping that some one can help. Collectors of FN Mauser rifles here in the United States are trying to find information on what we call the Model 1930(1950) Fn Mauser carbine that was supposedly issued to the country of Morocco in the 1950’s. We would like to know what caliber they were issued in, the dates issued, and serial number ranges for each caliber and what type of sling loops attached to the stock for each caliber. These fine little carbines have been a mystery to us ever since they were imported to the United States in the 1990’s. Please help us collectors. Thank you in advance for any help. Ed Parada ak mauserdad@wildblue.net

Sent from Windows Mail

--

Ted(Ed)

John 3:16&17

KJV

Click here to Reply or Forward

See less See more
#2 ·
So it seems they quit answering questions again. Getting info from FN has always been a hit or miss proposition.

Regards,
Bill

#5 ·
I did email FN back and thanked them for responding and letting them know that collectors will be looking forward to that book.. Does not hurt to stay on their good side. Ed

#6 ·
It's possible that primary data no longer exist and the book will be based on what has already been written here and other secondary sources?

Just as with Loewe/DWM data, some seems to surface but things like Chilean records may have to come from Chile? Maybe send Colin Webster and John Wall to North Africa?

Jack

#11 ·
Only a couple of months ago, I received a response from Ars Mechanica regarding an inquiry on an FN M1930 8mm Carbine after supplying Anny with my serial number #600 stamped on the receiver/barrel AND bolt. It was dated as expected and I was informed my serial number WAS in their records…they proceeded to date my FN M1930 Carbine.

I posted the email response I received from Ars Mechanica…however, a few here discounted that response I received citing Ars Mechanica wasn't accurate! How odd now some members find credibility in Ars Mechanica's response when asked by a different OP! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.