Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sweet! This afternoon, the wife and I were stepping out the door to go to our boss' for a party, and I heard a different sound emanating from the small airfield a couple of blocks from the house. Looked up just in time to see a P-51 climbing away. Wish I had known it was there, because I would have been over there in a flash with the camera. I love the old warbirds!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was going to say WOW!! how did you know they were at your six???

you must have wing cameras installed on your bird there in the lower left corner of the photo....cuz yer too far away from an open canopy ...or you have 5 foot arms!!!

then I realized you were on foot and at the air show...

I'm going to make another cocktail...brbr....

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a F-4 Phantom, a P-47, and a F-16 in formation. I dodn't know that a 47 could fly that fast, or the others that slow!

Tarheel Hal

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas

PS Jets make noise, props make music!

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
97,166 Posts
250-300 knots would work for all three of those birds, I'd say. And since a Jug was capable of close to 400 mph, (flat-out and i wouldn't push one that hard these days), it can definitely get up to a speed the jets can live at.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
97,166 Posts
So - Corsair and Wildcat. And Jug. Any Mustangs, Hellcats, Bearcats or Lightnings?

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
I have a buddy in Richardson TX and he sees the old planes all the time. He is in a flight path and it seems a lot of these are located in Dallas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts