Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have read all kinds of various info on this subject and all of it conflicts or non sequitur. I'm a future FL resident and want to be legal when I arrive. I'm concerned about possession of rifle projectiles and live rifle rounds that are steel core/API, trace, or have an incendiary compound. I realize that Raufoss is exploding and is not allowed. What say the residents? Links would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,646 Posts
Here in Florida it is legal to own tracer, incendiary, API ammo and etc.
Any ammo that is loaded with projectiles that emit flame or fire, or do so on impact are illegal to sell in the state of Florida.
It is also illegal to ship loaded tracer, incendiary, or API ammo, or tracer, incendiary, and API projectiles into Florida.
But the law is not well enforced, as I've seen tracer ammo being sold in gun shops (not to mention gun shows) all over the state.
Steel core and AP ammo is legal to own, sell and ship in Florida.
The reason behind the law is wild fires.
Gregg

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
Never heard of any enforcement. Of course a lot of the stuff is simply a consumer fraud, like Dragon's Breath. Just expensive fireworks - which are also really legal in Florida.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.